5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sun/Cab Visor - a thing of the past?

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I’ve had Lund cab visors on a few different trucks over the years and always liked the look. They seem to be phased out now and I can’t find any pics of them on the newer model trucks.

I can’t be the only one curious about these. Did we outgrow the fad or do they just not fit the aerodynamics of newer trucks?

7d24a9774568b564dfa6aa39fdf346a5.jpg

bdbaae8b5404375ee10cbbe8ef71bbf2.jpg

83ffbc91a610154b326fad2be7872a26.jpg

c0750ad602b3ab33478e332e0d844b34.jpg

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can’t help with the question

But what do these have to do with the sunroof? None of the examples have a sunroof!

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes a thing of the past, like the Lund molded side steps/fender flares, and the lund cab extenders,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
But what do these have to do with the sunroof? None of the examples have a sunroof!
When I was searching last night I did find a few references where they called it a Sunroof Visor so I included the term, even though it's not a reference I was familiar with either.
Sun Visor, Moon Visor, Cab Visor, Window Visor, these searches also bring up Sunroof Vents/deflectors so maybe I just read something wrong.

Yes a thing of the past, like the Lund molded side steps/fender flares, and the lund cab extenders,
Yeah, both those can go away but the cab visor is still a good look, IMO anyways.
The curved light bars add a similar look as the visor but not quite the same thing. Depends on the look you are after I guess. Street truck vs offroader.

ram.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Fad that has run it's course. Not enough demand for them with newer truck owners to make manufacturers spend the money in R&D. People more concerned with aerodynamics and fuel mileage.

truckless

Reaction score
I remember a buddy a visor on his old Dakota...he hit a bird and didn't think anything of it. Until days later had maggots on his windshield.
Bird got wedged up there REAL good :ROFLMAO:

Burnzie

Reaction score
You're grandpa called and wants his truck back, just kidding, with the crappy gas mileage these trucks get a visors gonna make it worse

Nova90

Reaction score
I had one of my 1991 K5 Blazer when it was new. I loved the look on that truck, but don't think they have a place anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread