5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country Dual 6-inch LED Grille Kit

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes I have this installed, did you have some questions about it ? :)

Companykid91

Reaction score
IMG_20200331_223423.jpg IMG_20200330_184820_01.jpg

Top photo is just LEDs on. Install was pretty intense with having to take the whole grill off truck then taking the grill apart and trimming the inner grill. But definitely worth it.

chrisbphotog

Reaction score
I had my local shop do the install. They said it took 4 hours and was somewhat involved. Love the way it looks. LED Lights.JPG

MaxsteelRam

Reaction score
Installed mine and it took about 6 hours to do. The install is kind of annoying because it involves some cutting and custom work.

Attachments

• IMG_4581.jpg
    IMG_4581.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 183

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes it does and to me it wasn’t worth the extra effort, but at least it is done.

Marinevb1986

Reaction score
Can someone post a pic and a link to the switch you chose for these lights please

ijanderson29

Reaction score
are these 6 inch LED lights allowed while driving at all times? or is it just supposed to for offroad and not highway?

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone try to install the kit on a Limited ??
They do not fit in the Rebel or Longhorn/Limited grills.

are these 6 inch LED lights allowed while driving at all times? or is it just supposed to for offroad and not highway?
They are for off-road use only.

Scroll down to the NOTES - IMPORTANT section for limitations.

luckydog125

Reaction score
Anyone install the Rough Country Dual LED 6-inch LED grille kit (https://www.roughcountry.com/ram-led-grille-kit-70783c.html?find=2020-dodge-ram-1500-4wd-568910). Ease of installation? Thoughts on this kit?

I searched to see if anyone posted this topic but couldn't find anything.
I just had the lower bar installed last week, but didnt do the work myself. The labor that the shop was going to charge me for the LED's in the upper grill was ridiculous so just went with the lower one. Works great and looks great - really love the amber daytime running lights on the model I bought. A couple of recommendations - the light comes with a 3-way switch so the DRL's arent wired to the day time running lights on the truck. I wish they were because I am going to forget to turn that off more than once! I also bought a replacement lower grill from Mopar because the one I have didnt have the holes opened. Good Luck

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone that did the installation on a Laramie, did you have to remove the front fender flares to get the upper bumper cover pieces off? I am planning on doing my install this weekend, already added some left over Lamin-X I had for a hidden look. I also bought some different bolts that are already black oxide, I had to trim them to length and run a die to get the threads all the way to the bolt head, and I also painted the new bolts satin black. No pics of them yet, will post later though.
IMG_2868.jpg

Last edited:

CharlieP

Reaction score
Anyone that did the installation on a Laramie, did you have to remove the front fender flares to get the upper bumper cover pieces off? I am planning on doing my install this weekend, already added some left over Lamin-X I had for a hidden look. I also bought some different bolts that are already black oxide, I had to trim them to length and run a die to get the threads all the way to the bolt head, and I also painted the new bolts satin black. No pics of them yet, will post later though.
View attachment 114293
Yes and there is a Bolt on the flares that is not mentioned in the directions well at least not 2 1/2 years ago when I did mine in my 2019

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am assuming you are talking about the 10mm one hidden in order to remove the upper bumper cover peices.
When you reinstalled the flares, did it leave a gap where they contact the truck? Mine have some 3M adhesive tape there and am afraid it will leave a gap when I reinstall them if I have to cut the tape (fishing line).

Here are the bolts I chose and did up.
IMG_2873.jpg

cjerman617

Reaction score
I just had the lower bar installed last week, but didnt do the work myself. The labor that the shop was going to charge me for the LED's in the upper grill was ridiculous so just went with the lower one. Works great and looks great - really love the amber daytime running lights on the model I bought. A couple of recommendations - the light comes with a 3-way switch so the DRL's arent wired to the day time running lights on the truck. I wish they were because I am going to forget to turn that off more than once! I also bought a replacement lower grill from Mopar because the one I have didnt have the holes opened. Good Luck
Any pics?

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
These lights are awesome but as many have said not an easy install.

Attachments

• 5594007C-0B9D-4F78-9808-87CF7C17C6C0.jpeg
    5594007C-0B9D-4F78-9808-87CF7C17C6C0.jpeg
    204.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 23884585-6FC2-45D8-AA1B-398962D0C3DF.jpeg
    23884585-6FC2-45D8-AA1B-398962D0C3DF.jpeg
    173.7 KB · Views: 76

gmcadams

Reaction score
are there any no cut options out there. some on ebay say no cut but cant find any instructions out there for them.

Users who are viewing this thread