5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Ramontario21

Reaction score
This is my first RAM and first custom-ordered vehicle. Is it common practice for FCA to take 2022 orders 8+ months before 2022?
Same boat...first ram and first custom order vehicle...i will cut them some slack because of covid and chip shortage...i am sure we would have gone through this regardless of what manufacturer we went with....

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
As of last Friday, it was in a loading area in New Boston (just south of Detroit), waiting to be loaded on a train. Probably won't get an update from my dealer until tomorrow (he's off today). I'm certainly hoping to have it by Thanksgiving. Fingers crossed.
This sounds like a lie (not saying you are lying, but FCA). As one who lived in Michigan for many years and still has a house in Grosse Pointe Farms, I've never heard of "New Boston." This sounds like a made up place for made up statuses. The only city truly south of Detroit is Windsor, though one could argue that Dearborn, Taylor, Allen Park, and Grosse Ile are technically south.

NOVA-Rebel

Reaction score
So got off the phone with RamCare this morning. They told me my truck went into production on Oct. 28. Takes 7-9 weeks for build according to them. That doesn’t sound right to me from what I’ve seen others go through. Of course they can’t tell me where in the build process it’s at. They told me to call back in a week or two.
Yeah I yelled at them for all the good it does. I mean I’ve only been waiting since May, but that doesn’t seem to matter.

22DTEco

Reaction score
Beginning to think I optioned myself out of a build any time soon.😥

Attachments

• 1471.jpeg
    1471.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 85

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you do the same VIN grouping chart that you do for the TRX orders? That chart provides a lot of good data.
I do but I cant post that until the full scan for the day is complete. TRX scan is less than 5000 trucks, Full SHAP output is 60,000 so it takes longer to finish.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I do but I cant post that until the full scan for the day is complete. TRX scan is less than 5000 trucks, Full SHAP output is 60,000 so it takes longer to finish.
Gotcha. Just hadn't seen that one posted before and the data science nerd in me got excited lol.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This sounds like a lie (not saying you are lying, but FCA). As one who lived in Michigan for many years and still has a house in Grosse Pointe Farms, I've never heard of "New Boston." This sounds like a made up place for made up statuses. The only city truly south of Detroit is Windsor, though one could argue that Dearborn, Taylor, Allen Park, and Grosse Ile are technically south.
Well, I was curious when he sent me the screenshot of the status, so I googled it. Here's what I found. There's a rail spur and a huge parking lot (in the map below). Looks like they shuttled the truck there and it goes onto a train.

1636992206193.png

1636992120518.png

PaHydroRam

Reaction score
So got off the phone with RamCare this morning. They told me my truck went into production on Oct. 28. Takes 7-9 weeks for build according to them. That doesn’t sound right to me from what I’ve seen others go through. Of course they can’t tell me where in the build process it’s at. They told me to call back in a week or two.
Yeah I yelled at them for all the good it does. I mean I’ve only been waiting since May, but that doesn’t seem to matter.

I wonder if there's something to this....... You can only wait so long until you have a "moment" when the frustration comes out. Saturday was my moment. The GM of the dealer did say that my car has to be built by the 12/13 as that's latest Ram production has it mandated. He said my truck is farther along than 5 more ordered around that time. Sunroof's/Panos are a huge issues holding trucks back he did mention. I wonder if the truck sits for a while then goes into "Production" when means its on the clock to get all the parts to be built in a set time frame. Just thinking out loud.

Maccam

Reaction score
Same boat...first ram and first custom order vehicle...i will cut them some slack because of covid and chip shortage...i am sure we would have gone through this regardless of what manufacturer we went with....
unfortunatley,i agree gm wouldnt even take an order for what i need,they have so many restrictions right now

n00ber

Reaction score
Yeah, what's up with all those 210xxx getting built and I'm still in D...
do what im doing (not that its going to be much good) gather all higher vin build sheets that have parts that could build your truck and take it to your dealer with the charts Eighty and triple_B made. And every time the dealer mentions chip shortage smack them in the face with a build sheet (not physically) until they contact their ram rep.

Users who are viewing this thread