5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New for 2022 - Owner's Pics

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Said I would do it. Maybe this can get stickied? Until 2023 orders start coming in anyway. Here's mine. Post em if you got em!

Attachments

• 20211030_160550.jpg
    20211030_160550.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 237
  • 20211030_160601.jpg
    20211030_160601.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 222
  • 20211030_160629.jpg
    20211030_160629.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 232
  • 20211030_160651.jpg
    20211030_160651.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 240

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
are you taking pic requests?
running boards in and out
rear under seat storage
tonneau cover
two mirrors up and down

just a thought we would all like to see

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
are you taking pic requests?
running boards in and out
rear under seat storage
tonneau cover
two mirrors up and down

just a thought we would all like to see
Absolutely! I will try to get them a little later but if not, I should have plenty of time tomorrow afternoon to take all the pics!

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, was gonna take some pics this morning before we head to church, but it is absolute crap outside right now (cold, cloudy, windy, rainy).

So instead, here's some quick observations from my first day with my first ever truck.

• I test drove a Laramie without eTorque; my truck has it, and I can you that it absolutely gives you a kick in the @$$ off the line from a dead stop. It's really noticeable and really nice.
  • I think the 3.92 gears have something to do with the above as well but, compared to the Rams I test drove with 3.21's, where I really noticed the difference was in the 25 - 45, and 55 - 70 MPH range. I can close those speed gaps quite a bit faster with the 3.92's
  • Fuel economy takes a (small) hit with the 3.92's, particularly accelerating up hill. In most normal road conditions though, you can still managed it pretty easily, and mitigate the impact.

• This truck with Uconnect 5 has so many settings and options it makes me head spin (and my truck isn't even fully loaded). It's really nice how much you can customize it.
  • As you might have seen, Android Auto is NOT full screen; this doesn't bother me much, but I can see how some people might be annoyed by it. Android is know for having tons of options/settings and customizability, but is also often slow on the uptake for broader features. Hoping they will update this for everyone out there that wants it. Oh, and the wireless connection works flawlessly.
  • Wireless charger is finicky, gets my phone pretty hot, and doesn't seem to want to charge past 89%. So that's not great, but at least it's there and not completely useless. As long as I don't lose battery, I'm good. If it's that urgent, there's the 115v plug right there at the bottom of the center console.

• For the length of this thing (over 20 feet with crew and long box), the turning radius is actually amazing.
  • But yes, parking is harder. It's almost impossible to not go into the space behind/in front of you. I see much additional walking in my future lol
  • On smooth, even roads, the ride is absolutely incredible. It's like a damn hovercraft or something.
  • On more average roads, it's still very smooth, but I do feel the larger individual bumps a bit more than in my previous vehicle (JGC); I'm betting this is a combination of the fact that it's a heavy-*** truck, and the 22 inch wheels.
  • On rough, bumpy roads, I definitely feel the hits more; this is probably mostly 22's (and the barely above average tires). Planning on upgrading to Michelin Defenders, so I'm anxious to see if there's any improvement in this area. To be honest, I didn't expect the ride in ANY truck to be better than small to mid sized sedans and SUVs, but right now it's noticeably worse on rough roads, but noticeably better on smooth ones (and about the same on average ones). I'll take it.
That's it for now. Hope this helps somebody!

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Well, was gonna take some pics this morning before we head to church, but it is absolute crap outside right now (cold, cloudy, windy, rainy).

So instead, here's some quick observations from my first day with my first ever truck.

• I test drove a Laramie without eTorque; my truck has it, and I can you that it absolutely gives you a kick in the @$$ off the line from a dead stop. It's really noticeable and really nice.
  • I think the 3.92 gears have something to do with the above as well but, compared to the Rams I test drove with 3.21's, where I really noticed the difference was in the 25 - 45, and 55 - 70 MPH range. I can close those speed gaps quite a bit faster with the 3.92's
  • Fuel economy takes a (small) hit with the 3.92's, particularly accelerating up hill. In most normal road conditions though, you can still managed it pretty easily, and mitigate the impact.

• This truck with Uconnect 5 has so many settings and options it makes me head spin (and my truck isn't even fully loaded). It's really nice how much you can customize it.
  • As you might have seen, Android Auto is NOT full screen; this doesn't bother me much, but I can see how some people might be annoyed by it. Android is know for having tons of options/settings and customizability, but is also often slow on the uptake for broader features. Hoping they will update this for everyone out there that wants it. Oh, and the wireless connection works flawlessly.
  • Wireless charger is finicky, gets my phone pretty hot, and doesn't seem to want to charge past 89%. So that's not great, but at least it's there and not completely useless. As long as I don't lose battery, I'm good. If it's that urgent, there's the 115v plug right there at the bottom of the center console.

• For the length of this thing (over 20 feet with crew and long box), the turning radius is actually amazing.
  • But yes, parking is harder. It's almost impossible to not go into the space behind/in front of you. I see much additional walking in my future lol
  • On smooth, even roads, the ride is absolutely incredible. It's like a damn hovercraft or something.
  • On more average roads, it's still very smooth, but I do feel the larger individual bumps a bit more than in my previous vehicle (JGC); I'm betting this is a combination of the fact that it's a heavy-*** truck, and the 22 inch wheels.
  • On rough, bumpy roads, I definitely feel the hits more; this is probably mostly 22's (and the barely above average tires). Planning on upgrading to Michelin Defenders, so I'm anxious to see if there's any improvement in this area. To be honest, I didn't expect the ride in ANY truck to be better than small to mid sized sedans and SUVs, but right now it's noticeably worse on rough roads, but noticeably better on smooth ones (and about the same on average ones). I'll take it.
Thank you so much for the observations. I'm shivering with excitement to get mine! Speaking for the council though, you're not getting off this easy. You still owe us pics dangit!!

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's some more. Hoping others will join in. Let's see some Rebels!

Attachments

• 20211031_170811.jpg
    20211031_170811.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 20211031_170627.jpg
    20211031_170627.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 259
  • 20211031_170559.jpg
    20211031_170559.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 158
  • 20211031_165428.jpg
    20211031_165428.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 151
  • 20211031_165411.jpg
    20211031_165411.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 151
  • 20211031_165330.jpg
    20211031_165330.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 149

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also, can anyone tell me what in the hell this is…?

Attachments

• 20211031_171437.jpg
    20211031_171437.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 20211031_171428.jpg
    20211031_171428.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 133

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Also, can anyone tell me what in the hell this is…?
That appears to be the tailgate removal kit. You install that cap and filler plate in place of the harness running to the tailgate if/when you remove the tailgate to fill the hole back there and keep the harness protected. It may contain some resistors or something as well to tell the BCM that there's no lights or latch there presently to prevent CEL's.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Here's some more. Hoping others will join in. Let's see some Rebels!
Thank you for the additional pics. I'll be posting lots from my end as soon as my truck arrives. I wish they offered a way to track in real time!!!!

(We know darn well Stellantis is able to with the new (TBM) Global Telematics Box Module)

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

It's the gear ratio, not eTorque. I got to drive an eTorque 3.92 back to back with a normal 5.7 3.92 and the acceleration was the same. The only difference I noticed is the eTorque slows the truck down like a Jake Brake when you let off the gas.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's the gear ratio, not eTorque. I got to drive an eTorque 3.92 back to back with a normal 5.7 3.92 and the acceleration was the same. The only difference I noticed is the eTorque slows the truck down like a Jake Brake when you let off the gas.
I did not have this test lineup so I'm sure you're right. Surprised the gear ratio makes that much of a difference from a dead stop…

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you have any intention on up-sizing your tires, 3.92’s are the way to go …. Not necessary, just better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you have any intention on up-sizing your tires, 3.92’s are the way to go …. Not necessary, just better

Don't think I want to get into lifting and spacing, at least not for a while yet. Would like to get some better tires asap though.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't think I want to get into lifting and spacing, at least not for a while yet. Would like to get some better tires asap though.

More choices than you can imagine ….

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
More choices than you can imagine ….

Oh I know lol even for 22's I've been driving myself nuts.

I'm mostly highway but need decent snow traction and long tread life (I put on a lot of miles). So I'm leaning hard toward Michelin Defenders. But stuff like Yokohama Geolander G015's, Cooper AT3 4s', and Continental Terraincontact A/T's are all still in the running. Looking for a bit tougher sidewall since my ratio is so low (45), but don't want to end up with a rough ride. Decisions decisions.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The only difference I noticed is the eTorque slows the truck down like a Jake Brake when you let off the gas.
Original: Yup, thats the regenerative braking feature. Helps charge the system by lightly dragging the brakes whenever you're not on the gas (or cruise control), basically. It comes with the eTorque system.
EDIT: This is incorrect, my apologies. The eTorque motors drags the car, but does not use the brakes to do so.

Looking for a bit tougher sidewall since my ratio is so low (45), but don't want to end up with a rough ride. Decisions decisions.
This is why I sold my 22" rims/tires and put on 18" units from a Rebel instead. Ride is a bit nicer, more tire options, and I have a lot more sidewall for when I do hit potholes/curbs/etc. and do light off-roading/trails.

Last edited:

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Oh I know lol even for 22's I've been driving myself nuts.

I'm mostly highway but need decent snow traction and long tread life (I put on a lot of miles). So I'm leaning hard toward Michelin Defenders. But stuff like Yokohama Geolander G015's, Cooper AT3 4s', and Continental Terraincontact A/T's are all still in the running. Looking for a bit tougher sidewall since my ratio is so low (45), but don't want to end up with a rough ride. Decisions decisions.
Do they make them in Firestone Destination A/T 2 in the 22's? I've had EXCELLENT experience with the previous version in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread