5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Markvv

Reaction score
So I emailed my sales manager asking for a update. I said I'm hearing there are issues with the u5 software holding up trucks from being shipped. This is his response. (They are saying that it will take 2 weeks for it to be resolved. Your vehicle is in JB status so it shouldn’t affect the vehicle because the next phase is shipping). They have my old 2019 already and promised me my new one for my camping trip for Thanksgiving weekend (Leave on October 7th the holiday is Monday the 11th). Driving my daughter's 2003 Dakota for now which is not going to be able to pull our 9000lb travel trailer that weekend.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Two weeks to resolve is impressive. If was likely an easy fix the delay is the time it takes to reflash the unit and confirm everything is working on each truck

MatthewMjr

Reaction score
Triple B and Eighty you guys rock. Thanks for doing all the analysis. I would think that with 8600 trucks built that is about 10% of the orders that have been entered so it's not surprising to see a bunch of different builds coming out of the plant. I don't of course understand how the plant decides what is going to be built on what day? I would guess it would be grouping with what parts are available? All I can say is we are getting better information here than we get from the dealers. Thanks for all your hard work updating us.

Mexd781

Reaction score
I’ve actually found that certain servers show it sooner than others. For example, in the past week there have been a couple of members that you announced that I was unable to pull up until I switched to a different site.
Are you manually trying each VIN in the browser? I have a powershell script sending web requests for my VIN. Scripting it my help with caching issues if that is why you are seeing different results.

davidv2135

Reaction score
I emailed Sandi yesterday hopefully I'll have a VIN to add today or tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glarensen

Reaction score
How is it I was in paint yesterday but still no build sheet. I would have thought I’d have one today.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Something strange is happening. Practically no build sheets today (although I've found a few).
Don't know that a part shortage would show up that abruptly in the middle of the week. Seems more like a worker shortage or equipment issues.

There's also that Uconnect 5 bug people have been talking about, maybe they are stalling build sheets now until they get that straightened out?

Wild speculation is fun.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's "as busy as it can get" over there right now. Haven't seen any downtime in the last couple of days

fd6332b91de82b80d567b512ad8a572c.jpg

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's "as busy as it can get" over there right now. Haven't seen any downtime in the last couple of days

fd6332b91de82b80d567b512ad8a572c.jpg

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Need to get some drone cameras over there....

They better not be parking-lotting our trucks!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So here's another interesting tidbit from the total data @triple_B posted yesterday. This chart shows Crew/Quad options by Series. Not many surprises here, although it's enlightening to see how many quad cabs were added to Sport/Rebel/Laramie before they cut those options off.

1632409398420.png

Attachments

• 1632409214384.png
    1632409214384.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 30

DTol

Reaction score
Day 6 in I (inspection) status, They must have a big parking lot. I asked ram chat if 6 days in I status was normal and April said it was. Then she looked further and sent me this.
That is 6 days in inspection status. Is that normal?
8:41:43 AM
April
yes it is
8:41:57 AM
I see it has passed
8:42:02 AM
just waiting on the release to next stage.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Day 6 in I (inspection) status, They must have a big parking lot. I asked ram chat if 6 days in I status was normal and April said it was. Then she looked further and sent me this.
That is 6 days in inspection status. Is that normal?
8:41:43 AM
April
yes it is
8:41:57 AM
I see it has passed
8:42:02 AM
just waiting on the release to next stage.
There is no way to define "normal". For the entirety of 2021 TRX's I had trucks with ranges from 2 days to 159 days. Average was ~3 days by the end of 2021 production, but it started off near 20 and continued to drop as the year went on.

Since this is the very beginning of the 2022 trucks I don't think anything should be considered "unusual" until we start to see trucks leave the factory.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if it's fixed. I've been lurking over on the Durango site and they've been waiting for an update since the beginning of the year.
Low numbers today. I ran it a second time to be sure, but only 381 builds added today.
And again, not one of them was mine. So sad.

Users who are viewing this thread