5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
Got an email update from my dealer...
“Partial VIN showed up today. It is firm scheduled to build!”

That’s a good sign eh?
Get the full vin from your dealer and you can check for your window sticker and build sheet to pop up.
Add your vin # after the = sign in the two links above them bookmark them. See how few times a day you can check :cool: .

Langridor

Reaction score

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
Yeah... I know me. That won’t be good. I’ll try to get through the weekend before I bug them again.
Go ahead bug them, that is what you are paying them for. Then contact Ram Chat several times a week, so you don't alienate you SA.
Here is the link:
Just hit the chat button. It's what these guys do. Send yourself an email like:
Hi,
This Bob, my VIN is XXX
My dealer is XXX
My email is XX
My phone number is XXX
Can I get an update on my order status please?
Thanks

Then cut and paste into the chatbox :cool: . It's fun and agonizing at the same time.
Congrats on the order. I got pics from the dealer today on mine so I can tell you it will be worth the wait.

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
FCA Canada 1-800-465-2001. Can’t do anything without a VIN. If your dealer is high volume like mine they don’t give it out until it’s built. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is not getting VIN # a Canada thing? My dealer is high volume and gave me the VIN the day after I ordered. I also ordered another truck from a lower volume dealer and they put my email address in, RAM emailed me a welcome note with a VIN about a week after I placed the order.

nwpahunter

Reaction score
Might actually happen. With the 84 hour workweek and some trucks being staged, they are high output right now. 1 truck I ordered Jan 3 hit the lot 3-30, another truck I ordered 2-11 hit the lot 4-2 times are shortening for some, good luck! Add your order information to your signature and we can follow along when you post.
It’s a pretty simple build so maybe it’s possible. Big Horn crew, 5.7 no etorque, level 1, off road, brake controller, starter, bed utility, fender liners, green, I ordered it mid March

L2R512

Reaction score

Kovy23

Reaction score
Window sticker came up today. Currently at the mercy of the shipping process, but I'm not complaining since my build has gone remarkably fast. I sure hope the accelerated build time doesn't mean a compromise in build quality.
window sticker after 4 weeks?!? Can't complain about that, hopefully it comes out great!

Jimmymc

Reaction score
As far as the microchip shortage goes, expect it to affect every brand and just about every model. I’m sure it’s affecting the 5th Gen Models, which will mean delays. However, it’s not affecting them so much as to see 2+ months added on top of normal production and delivery times. Before the recognized shortage, people were getting trucks as early as 3 weeks, with around latest being 12-14 weeks on avg. I can’t see someone waiting more than 5 months for a Truck ordered in Late March.
.... what about in November lol still waiting

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Is not getting VIN # a Canada thing? My dealer is high volume and gave me the VIN the day after I ordered. I also ordered another truck from a lower volume dealer and they put my email address in, RAM emailed me a welcome note with a VIN about a week after I placed the order.

Appears so. The VON system doesn’t even show it, but shows D status.

Yangster

Reaction score
As of 4/2 truck is still on the train, but now in Missouri. On 3/29 it was on the train in Decatur, IL. Only two states away now. Hoping its at Mark Dodge by the end of the week, but who knows.
It should be. If this is any indication, on 3/25 - It was in Arkansas and Aaron said 4/8 eta. On 3/31 I get a text, IT'S IN! Docusigned on 3/31 to get the March incentives and then drove 700 miles to Lake Charles to pick it up on 4/1.

Jayson090

Reaction score
Ordered a truck with Aaron at Mark Dodge last Monday. Is it possible to revise a sold order? I’m second guessing my decision to go with 3.92 and may want to switch to 3.21. Has anyone else made a change after ordering?

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered a truck with Aaron at Mark Dodge last Monday. Is it possible to revise a sold order? I’m second guessing my decision to go with 3.92 and may want to switch to 3.21. Has anyone else made a change after ordering?

You can definitely revise an order, so long as a VIN is not generated. Notify your dealer ASAP. If a VIN is generated, it is very difficult to modify an order, or so I’m told. Just make sure you want the 3.21.

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
I don't think the dealer can modify or cancel after the VIN is created. You should call Aaron though, if you didn't order a unicorn he may let you just order another one and sell the one you have ordered.

Nova90

Reaction score
I got a VIN generated within a couple of days of placing my order with Aaron. I would just call him to check. This will be my 2nd Ram with 3.92, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread