5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

40,000 trucks free miles

Brent T

Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie. Bought February of 2019. Have 40,000miles on it now and never been to shop. Thought I would share since there are a lot of complaints on here.
Over half those miles would be on gravel/dirt roads and the rest on rough ****ty hiways. Only 2 complaints, cab is dusty, and climate control is mediocre.

steveved

Reaction score
Almost 30k on mine now. Zero issues. But, I can say this in all honesty... After nearly 30k miles, I have to say, these stock tires suck. There is still legal tread left on mine, but I am going to replace them next week.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Almost 30k on mine now. Zero issues. But, I can say this in all honesty... After nearly 30k miles, I have to say, these stock tires suck. There is still legal tread left on mine, but I am going to replace them next week.
Typical just barely adequate stock. Unless you upgrade and are even lucky that the factory upgrades are decent, there’s not too much that can be said for OEM rubber. A few cars come with Michelins but certainly not our RAMs.
keep us posted as to what you buy.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
30,000 miles, stock tires did indeed suck, were shot at 25,000 miles. New Michelins should be better. Otherwise, truck has only had regular maintenance. Purchased it new December 2018. Just added a new FCA product to my family...2019 Redeye Challenger. That one, I will keep for a LLLOOONNNGGG time.

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m at 33,500 with no issues. No problems with the 12” upgrade, and I’m very pleased with the factory Falkens.

GaryT

Reaction score
36K on mine, zero problems, OEM Goodyears still have plenty of tread remaining, likely enough to get me through the summer easily.

GaryT

Reaction score
Looks like I jinxed myself. Odometer 35664, on the way home I started getting the resonating on/off vibration sound that I have seen others describe that turne out to be a problem with the automatic noice canceling system. Now the issue is getting it in before the 3/36 expires and my 2 dealers are booked a minnimum of 2 weeks out.

RamCares

Reaction score
Looks like I jinxed myself. Odometer 35664, on the way home I started getting the resonating on/off vibration sound that I have seen others describe that turne out to be a problem with the automatic noice canceling system. Now the issue is getting it in before the 3/36 expires and my 2 dealers are booked a minnimum of 2 weeks out.

Hello GaryT,
We are sorry to hear about your recent concern. Given your situation, you can certainly choose to visit another dealer in your area. I have provided the dealer locator here: https://www.ramtrucks.com/find-dealer.html. If you need any additional assistance while working alongside your dealer in the future, please know our team is available.
Laura
RamCares

steveved

Reaction score
Typical just barely adequate stock. Unless you upgrade and are even lucky that the factory upgrades are decent, there’s not too much that can be said for OEM rubber. A few cars come with Michelins but certainly not our RAMs.
Honestly, I am getting the Continental Terraincontact A/T in 275/60-20. Yes, I know the stock size is 275/55-20, but I like the way the 60 fills up the wheel well better. I think the stock gap is too large.

I had these on my 2014 Silverado and absolutely loved them. They worked great in rain, dry, sand at the beach and even not too bad in snow.

Jako

Reaction score
My 2001 Dodge 1500 SLT came with Michelins. Buddy swears by them.

bfp9

Reaction score
26k miles.

One issue with a trip to the dealer which I would say is better than the other cars I’ve owned (BMWs)

GaryT

Reaction score
Hello GaryT,
We are sorry to hear about your recent concern. Given your situation, you can certainly choose to visit another dealer in your area. I have provided the dealer locator here: https://www.ramtrucks.com/find-dealer.html. If you need any additional assistance while working alongside your dealer in the future, please know our team is available.
Laura
RamCares
Thanks Laura, with businesses in Ohio shutting down or reducing hours, the serice departments here are doing the same. Shortening weekday hours and closing weekends has created scheduling issues, and no matter who I contact my truck cant be seen for a couple more weeks, by then my bumper to bumper warranty will have expired.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m sure if you get it locked in before the mileage can work something out.

james.h.morris68

Reaction score
25K kilometres on mine. Not a single hiccup. Only change I’ve made is adding some BFG KO2’s and a CAI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaryT

Reaction score
Wouldnt you know it, made the 40 mile trek to work this morning and the truck was fine.

RamCares

Reaction score
Thanks Laura, with businesses in Ohio shutting down or reducing hours, the serice departments here are doing the same. Shortening weekday hours and closing weekends has created scheduling issues, and no matter who I contact my truck cant be seen for a couple more weeks, by then my bumper to bumper warranty will have expired.

Hello GaryT,
Not a problem! I can see from your most recent message that your concern seems to have resolve itself. Please know our team is available if you need further assistance down the road. We're always happy to help.
Laura
RamCares

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
In response to the stock tire comments, the stock Falken Wildpeaks that come with the ORG have worked great in all conditions for me and I'm very happy with them. I've had the stock Goodyears on a previous truck, and I agree that those tires are terrible for everything except smooth dry pavement.

Firebird

Reaction score
21,000 on mine now, and only complaint is brake squeal. Goes in Thursday for that

Users who are viewing this thread