5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zone 4" or 6"

Roadkng63

Reaction score
2021 ram rebel. Doing a zone lift. Leaning towards a 6" but not ruling out a 4. any suggestions on the 4 or 6 ? My installer is saying price of 6" over the 4" is only a 225.00 difference in parts and labor is what's bringing me to lean towards a 6". If I go with a 6" should I or is it necessary to have the heavy duty control arms installed? Although zone say not necessary. I don't off road maybe some two track trails during hunting seasons. Just wanting nice stance and for looks. I will be running the fuel blitz 20x9 0 offset with the 35x 11.5 nitto grapplers. Just hoping to get some helpful some suggestions and pros or cons. Thanks guys in advance!

doolin64

Reaction score
I like the look of a 4" and 35s. 6" looks better with 37s but then in my eyes it just too tall and too big for my tastes.

Nerps

Reaction score
I’v got a 2021 rebel and looking at a 3.5inch lift..will 35s fit?

My_first_RAM

Reaction score
I’v got a 2021 rebel and looking at a 3.5inch lift..will 35s fit?
Yes, you just need to stay with a 10” wide tire and a modest offset. You can run a 12” wide -44 offset wheel and 35 tire, but you will need to mod the tabs in the wheel well, reshape the liner and you will rub on aggressive angles at full lock.

Nerps

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks. I’d like to keep my stock rims for cost and run the 35s on them. Any recommendation for 35inch tires that will fit the 18inch stock rims

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Every brand lift that raises 3.5" is not made for a Rebel or Ram with ORP. If you add that lift to a Rebel or Ram with ORP you will be over the max lift for the CV axles. The angles will be terrible for even the slightest bit of offroading. Read the fine print for the 3.5" lifts.
Look at Hammerdown Motorsports on YouTube. We tried to warm him, but he is a hack mechanic and trashed his Rebel CV axles.

If you want that much lift look at 4" lifts that drop the front cradle. BDS and Zone both offer them.

Nerps

Reaction score
Every brand lift that raises 3.5" is not made for a Rebel or Ram with ORP. If you add that lift to a Rebel or Ram with ORP you will be over the max lift for the CV axles. The angles will be terrible for even the slightest bit of offroading. Read the fine print for the 3.5" lifts.
Look at Hammerdown Motorsports on YouTube. We tried to warm him, but he is a hack mechanic and trashed his Rebel CV axles.

If you want that much lift look at 4" lifts that drop the front cradle. BDS and Zone both offer them.
My dodge dealer recommend the “Trailfex “3.5 lift..says it the only one compatible with the 2021 rebels. Have you heard anything on these lifts ?

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
My dodge dealer recommend the “Trailfex “3.5 lift..says it the only one compatible with the 2021 rebels. Have you heard anything on these lifts ?
Their site does not list fitment for the Rebel. That is a tophat and preload spacer lift. This will not work on the Rebel unless you remove some of the spacers.

Sorceress21

Reaction score
2021 ram rebel. Doing a zone lift. Leaning towards a 6" but not ruling out a 4. any suggestions on the 4 or 6 ? My installer is saying price of 6" over the 4" is only a 225.00 difference in parts and labor is what's bringing me to lean towards a 6". If I go with a 6" should I or is it necessary to have the heavy duty control arms installed? Although zone say not necessary. I don't off road maybe some two track trails during hunting seasons. Just wanting nice stance and for looks. I will be running the fuel blitz 20x9 0 offset with the 35x 11.5 nitto grapplers. Just hoping to get some helpful some suggestions and pros or cons. Thanks guys in advance!
I'm assuming your 21' doesn't have the Air Suspension? In either case RebelWratih is spot on with the BDS recommendation. In my opinion that's the best quality full lift kit you can put on a Rebel short of going completely one of a kind custom. It's also important to know that when you lift a Rebel with the ORP with a kit that properly keeps your CV angles aligned by dropping the cradle you aren't going to gain any real ground clearance, just body clearance for bigger tires. In fact you might even lose an inch of GC on the front.

When BDS certifies 21' fitment for an air ride Rebel I may go that route myself. Still pondering that one as that'll mean 35's and a few hundred pounds more weight to the truck killing my already crap payload.

Users who are viewing this thread