5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You have to fix the Ads on this forum

Rototerrier

Reaction score
Look at what it's now doing. Latest Chrome browser and it's all jacked up by the ads.

This is and has gotten completely out of hand. I don't think anyone even clicks on any of them do they? I get the concept, but i've literally never clicked on an ad in my life. It's can't possibly be worth this amount of site disruption, or is it?

Attachments

• 2020-04-03_8-52-28.png
    2020-04-03_8-52-28.png
    165.4 KB · Views: 76

Rototerrier

Reaction score
I've also moved to RamForum. If anyone needs me, look me up under the same screen name rototerrier.

I will check back occasionally, but won't be participating on this forum any further until or unless the ad issue is resolved.

It's way to disruptive and no longer worth the hassle.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just use an ad blocker guys. I have zero ads on my Note 9 or my laptop. The site not going to remove them.

Rototerrier

Reaction score
I used to use ad blockers, but they sometimes mess up the sites and/or hide things I don't want hidden. Or I hit sites that detect the blockers and then block me. Then you have to turn off the blocker or temp disable it, etc.

I've removed all ad blockers and have adopted a new method. I stop visiting sites that overwhelm me with ads. Pretty simple.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
99% of the time mobile user here, no issues. It’s a free forum, they have to make their money somehow.

chrisnack

Reaction score
Yeah i've had zero issues with ads and found a lot of useful information on the forums so became a supporter.

My router blocks all ads, so never have issues. Otherwise plenty of add-ons to chrome. Not like it's hard to solve at all.

This is one of the better forums out there based on what I have seen.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yeah i've had zero issues with ads and found a lot of useful information on the forums so became a supporter.

My router blocks all ads, so never have issues. Otherwise plenty of add-ons to chrome. Not like it's hard to solve at all.

This is one of the better forums out there based on what I have seen.
Agreed. I didn't become a supporter to get rid of the ads. It's because I've learned a lot here. It's one of the friendliest and active of the Ram forums I've been to. So it's only right that I give a little back. Not having to see the ads was just the icing on the cake so to speak.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used to use ad blockers, but they sometimes mess up the sites and/or hide things I don't want hidden. Or I hit sites that detect the blockers and then block me. Then you have to turn off the blocker or temp disable it, etc.

I've removed all ad blockers and have adopted a new method. I stop visiting sites that overwhelm me with ads. Pretty simple.

While I understand your frustration please know there are many ad services that get hijacked or simply have idiots that run them. It is not uncommon to have rogue ads that can redirect you or try to install malicious code of some nature.

Thus I recommend you always use ad/script blocking add ons.

Rototerrier

Reaction score
Yep. Appears fixed. Sucks it took so long. Been bugging me for months. Thankful

I guess I'll stick around for a while and see how it goes. I definitely prefer the content in this forum over others.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep. Appears fixed. Sucks it took so long. Been bugging me for months. Thankful

I guess I'll stick around for a while and see how it goes. I definitely prefer the content in this forum over others.

Should have complained long ago! :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread