5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yet another recall..

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was just at the dealer last month for the tail gate recall (they made mine worse than it was when I took it in by the way) and now I have to go back again because the Trailer Reversing Control or whatever they call it is under recall. The little knob on the dash for steering the trailer. I think it makes backing a trailer harder anyway so I never use it. Sigh.....

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was just at the dealer last month for the tail gate recall (they made mine worse than it was when I took it in by the way) and now I have to go back again because the Trailer Reversing Control or whatever they call it is under recall. The little knob on the dash for steering the trailer. I think it makes backing a trailer harder anyway so I never use it. Sigh.....
Any idea what the recall is for?

Hoping it resolves the constant calibration needed.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got notified of that on February 15.
It's a software update.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's a thread about the symptoms.

Dewey

Reaction score
Here's a thread about the symptoms.

Doesn’t sound like the same issue I have. Only get it when hooked up to a trailer and then activating TRS. I do the left/right turn procedure and then all is good again. Problem is it doesn’t retain the calibration like it should.

6of36

Reaction score
The recall is in the main news page. It is for all Rams with reverse trailer steering. It is a software update. It has to do with the backup camera basically losing connection, which can end up with a black or blue screen, and the calibration message in the dash display.

U

User_119824

Just a software fix, not a big deal. I get that it sucks you have to take it in, but at least it is a minor issue.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You'd rather vehicle manufacturers DON'T fix problems or safety issues? Okay.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You'd rather vehicle manufacturers DON'T fix problems or safety issues? Okay.

I'd rather manufacturers not have so many problems.

In any case, mine has never given me a blank screen so I'm skipping this recall until it does.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How is this a recall, but they refuse to do anything about the leaking rear windows? Maybe they haven't recalled the windows because they don't have a good fix for it yet?

6of36

Reaction score
How is this a recall, but they refuse to do anything about the leaking rear windows? Maybe they haven't recalled the windows because they don't have a good fix for it yet?
It's because the NHTSA is involved. It's a safety issue, because back up cameras are federally required. They only recall for safety, not poor engineering. If the water leak ever starts a fire in the 48 volt system, that will be a different story.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I'd rather manufacturers not have so many problems.

In any case, mine has never given me a blank screen so I'm skipping this recall until it does.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but ALL cars and manufacturers can, and do, have recalls. Expecting otherwise is just setting yourself up for dissappointment. As long as they are repaired, I understand and accept them.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's because the NHTSA is involved. It's a safety issue, because back up cameras are federally required. They only recall for safety, not poor engineering. If the water leak ever starts a fire in the 48 volt system, that will be a different story.
The water has damaged the Etorque battery, and caused trucks to shut down while driving

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but ALL cars and manufacturers can, and do, have recalls. Expecting otherwise is just setting yourself up for dissappointment. As long as they are repaired, I understand and accept them.

I didn't say no problems. I said so many problems. There's literally a new Ram Truck recall on a weekly basis now.

6of36

Reaction score
The water has damaged the Etorque battery, and caused trucks to shut down while driving
People need to report that to the NHTSA. If they determine a possible safety issue, a recall will be made, but they have to be aware of it.

Dewey

Reaction score
I didn't say no problems. I said so many problems. There's literally a new Ram Truck recall on a weekly basis now.
I have 1 in the last 9 months for the tailgate. Haven’t even been notified of this one yet nor have I ever even experienced the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread