5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

XS Power D3100 Battery fit

Ryan6900

Reaction score
I have a 3,000 watt stereo in my truck and my Odyssey AGM battery has finally died after 4 years. Will the XS Power D3100 fit in the 2019 Ram 1500 5.7l limited with Etorque? I wanted to go with a lithium battery but the dealership said it can't be used with etorque.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240207-194503_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240207-194503_Chrome.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I think a group 31 is the same size as an h8. Oem is h7, but h8 fits if you remove a plastic spacer at the bottom.
You would need a new battery blanket (you can cut and reuse the oem one most likely).
This is the part number 05033397AE.

Not sure about a Lithium not able to be used with eTorque, but I know they are sensitive to charging rates and overcharging and not sure what needed you would have for it. They also preform worse in the cold, which is when batteries tend to struggle anyways.

Edit: it should physically fit but you would need to mess with the connectors to get them right. The positive clamps on the side and the posts on this battery appear to be wrong for the truck.

Ryan6900

Reaction score
I think a group 31 is the same size as an h8. Oem is h7, but h8 fits if you remove a plastic spacer at the bottom.
You would need a new battery blanket (you can cut and reuse the oem one most likely).
This is the part number 05033397AE.

Not sure about a Lithium not able to be used with eTorque, but I know they are sensitive to charging rates and overcharging and not sure what needed you would have for it. They also preform worse in the cold, which is when batteries tend to struggle anyways.

Edit: it should physically fit but you would need to mess with the connectors to get them right. The positive clamps on the side and the posts on this battery appear to be wrong for the truck.
Ok. I was worried the hood might not close. Judging from the photo, the positive post appears to be on the side closest to the front of the hood. That how mine is currently sitting. Maybe I'm confused. If the posts were backwards, I could still just rotate the battery to fit since they are centered on top right?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ok. I was worried the hood might not close. Judging from the photo, the positive post appears to be on the side closest to the front of the hood. That how mine is currently sitting. Maybe I'm confused. If the posts were backwards, I could still just rotate the battery to fit since they are centered on top right?
That's the problem.
The OEM battery is not centered, and the positive clamps on the side of the battery thus the clamps will not fix on the DS3100. I don't think it's a huge deal, was just saying.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if that 3100 will fit, but I went with an H8 interstate battery and one of these batteries. It works really well and its small and light.

View attachment 176434
As a primary or secondary battery?
The link you said states do not mount under the hood...
DO NOT MOUNT UNDER THE HOOD UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES AS SEVERE DAMAGE / FAILURE COULD OCCUR.

OP is asking if it will fit so I assume he is talking about the primary battery.

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
As a primary or secondary battery?
The link you said states do not mount under the hood...
DO NOT MOUNT UNDER THE HOOD UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES AS SEVERE DAMAGE / FAILURE COULD OCCUR.

OP is asking if it will fit so I assume he is talking about the primary battery.

Secondary battery. Its small and fits behind the seat.

Users who are viewing this thread