5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

XM skipping over stations

rondog69

Reaction score
Has anyone had the problem with their XM radio where if you want to change to a preset station via controls on rear of steering wheel it skips over stations? Also sometimes I need to touch the preset multiple times before it changes to the station I want. Any suggestions for fix? Take to dealer for warranty claim?

Razilla76

Reaction score
What software version do you have on your Uconnect. Press the bottom right and left corners of your screen to bring up the dealer menu to get software info.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not having that issue, BUT I see a message stating that “I need to upgrade” to access certain stations. And I have the All-Access package!

Razilla76

Reaction score
Not having that issue, BUT I see a message stating that “I need to upgrade” to access certain stations. And I have the All-Access package!
Call Sirius and tell them to send your radio a signal refresh.

rondog69

Reaction score
What software version do you have on your Uconnect. Press the bottom right and left corners of your screen to bring up the dealer menu to get software info.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Razilla76

Reaction score

I had my system updated to 20.04.19 yesterday and used XM all day after I picked the truck up from the dealer. No issues with mine. You could try resetting the system by pulling the negative battery terminal for a few minutes. You may have limited use of the Uconnect for a little bit but it will return to normal. Try doing it at night so it has the whole night to return the system to full function.

Last edited:

Kidder

Reaction score
Delete the preset. The channel is more than likely now unavailable due to either a subscription change or maybe it was a channel only available for a short time. Or to see if it is available, manually try and go to the channel. I will bet it is not available.

M3Master

Reaction score
Has anyone had the problem with their XM radio where if you want to change to a preset station via controls on rear of steering wheel it skips over stations? Also sometimes I need to touch the preset multiple times before it changes to the station I want. Any suggestions for fix? Take to dealer for warranty claim?
Be aware there are 3 buttons on the steering wheel control. The up and down buttons do what you say...skip stations. The center button goes up to the next preset. I had the same issue..had to look it up in the manual.

reb0957

Reaction score
I have this problem only when phone is plugged in and using AA. Even if I only have the media screen up. There is up to a 10 second lag. My impatience by pushing the button again is why it skips

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

rondog69

Reaction score
I have this problem only when phone is plugged in and using AA. Even if I only have the media screen up. There is up to a 10 second lag. My impatience by pushing the button again is why it skips

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I just realized the 3 buttons, thanks.

braggster

Reaction score
I have an issue where randomly when I turn the truck on the radio has changed to the preview channel from where I had it set. Channel 1 I think

Amerinamese

Reaction score
I have the same problem with the touching presets. Sometimes it works sometimes I have to touch numerous times before they switch. It only happens with Sirius presets while using Android auto. I tried my FM presets and they had no problem. So, has anyone found a solution to this?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread