5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

xm presets saving, but suddenly reverting to previous presets out of the blue

leftoutside

Reaction score
2019 Larry, 8.4 nav. XM presets sometimes revert back to older presets, when starting up. It doesnt correct itself, I just have to reprogram them back in. Also, when I try dragging a shortcut to the backup cam to be immediately available in the bottom row of shortcuts, it sometimes goes away as well. I hit the cam to verify Im pulled far enough into the garage...extremely annoying to have to go thru different screens to find the cam shortcut if I dont place it on bottom row. Hell, even my Sprinter has a hard button below its stereo screen for the backup cam....if MB can get that one right, why cant RAM?

leftoutside

Reaction score
I cant edit my thread body? wtf...

ANyway, also meant to mention/ask - is there a way to update the firmware or software on these headunits? Ive found the area on ramtrucks website to check my software for updates, but it doesnt take any time at all to process when I punch in my VIN and says yup, its all fine. I dont buy it. Nothing on the web processes that fast. I find it hard to believe there has been no updates since release. I tried going to dealer for this service but they want to charge me $160/hr just to check it. F*ck that. I guess I should trade for a RAM with the 12" screen, then all my hopes and dreams will come true, right?

RJS

Reaction score
If it's still under warranty, tell the dealer it's not working right and let them figure it out.

leftoutside

Reaction score
I cant edit my thread body? wtf...

ANyway, also meant to mention/ask - is there a way to update the firmware or software on these headunits? Ive found the area on ramtrucks website to check my software for updates, but it doesnt take any time at all to process when I punch in my VIN and says yup, its all fine. I dont buy it. Nothing on the web processes that fast. I find it hard to believe there has been no updates since release. I tried going to dealer for this service but they want to charge me $160/hr just to check it. F*ck that. I guess I should trade for a RAM with the 12" screen, then all my hopes and dreams will come true, right?
If it's still under warranty, tell the dealer it's not working right and let them figure it out.
Its not under warranty anymore. its a 19.

Users who are viewing this thread