5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

XM Guardian Price?

Rototerrier

Reaction score
Mine expires today. Was offered 6 months for 60 bucks. I consider that a total rip off as I've used it exactly zero times in the last 6 months.

What's everyone else paying?

rconiv

Reaction score
That is around 3 or 4 times less then I have. They have been sending me postal and emails because mine expires next month, offering 12 months for the price of 10, but after a year, it goes to the normal cost. Has anyone ever found out how come they won't tell you on their website the cost, or even renew there? Guessing it is so they can hit you with high pressure sales.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Mine expires today. Was offered 6 months for 60 bucks. I consider that a total rip off as I've used it exactly zero times in the last 6 months.

What's everyone else paying?
I’m paying zero (did not renew). ;)
Agree. Ripoff, considering Fords offer their service for free, and it‘s a lot more feature rich.

Rototerrier

Reaction score
I let it expire. Figure once everyone stops paying or doesn't renew, maybe they'll make some adjustments. I've lived without that nonsense all my life, I think I can continue on without.

Boston

Reaction score
They'll keep chasing you. Heck I dropped it after a year then got it back on a special deal for six months and dropped it again. That was three years ago. They just sent another "deal" in the mail. Ignored.

rconiv

Reaction score
They must be really lacking on people getting this, because the emails and postal just keep coming, now I got an email with a count down clock. Seeing it didn't do anything when someone broke in my rear door window, and seriously shook the truck breaking open the canopy door, I am not to impressed with their break in alarm, and I don't need to usually lock the doors and start the truck from a couple miles away. The only thing that might be of use, though only outside is the where is my truck, if I am in a large parking lot. Though surprisingly the last email gave me a website, though not sure who these people are. https://prod.esp.telematics.net/fca-express/packages. Guess it is telematics that runs the backend maybe, or they just do the billing.
1585791814985.png

Last edited:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
They must be really lacking on people getting this, because the emails and postal just keep coming, now I got an email with a count down clock. Seeing it didn't do anything when someone broke in my rear door window, and seriously shook the truck breaking open the canopy door, I am not to impressed with their break in alarm, and I don't need to usually lock the doors and start the truck from a couple miles away. The only thing that might be of use, though only outside is the where is my truck, if I am in a large parking lot. Though surprisingly the last email gave me a website, though not sure who these people are. https://prod.esp.telematics.net/fca-express/packages. Guess it is telematics that runs the backend maybe, or they just do the billing.
View attachment 51078
What a ripoff...

highgear2005

Reaction score
Just don’t see the benefits! They could give it away and I still wouldn’t have a need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonnyt

Reaction score
This does seem very steep. I know my insurance offers a discount for the active stolen vehicle assistance, but not 155 dollar discount. For as slow as it is, and what it actually offers I am not feeling it.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I continue to be really disappointed in Ram in this regard. They have the nerve to ask $70k for a truck, but then try to nickel and dime you on this stuff? My wife's Ford Escape has Ford Pass that works really well and it's FREE. If they want people to be loyal to the brand, this kind of cheapness isn't going to help.

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
I was offered 6 months for 30bucks then the next 6 months for $120 or $20 a month.

I’m likely to take it as we use it a lot and I have about a million songs on my phone but I still go back to XMS

He said on the phone today I can cancel after the first 6 months (wink wink)

mine expires on three weeks

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I was offered 6 months for 30bucks then the next 6 months for $120 or $20 a month.

I’m likely to take it as we use it a lot and I have about a million songs on my phone but I still go back to XMS

He said on the phone today I can cancel after the first 6 months (wink wink)

mine expires on three weeks
Wait, this thread is for XM Guardian. Totally different (and separate) product from XM music service.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I renewed it for 6 months at $60 because it gave me a discount on my Car insurance of $10.32 a month for the vehicle tracking assistance... So since I get paid $0.32 a month to have it I opted for the 6 month renewal. I will cancel after 6 months and wait for the next "deal offer" that they throw my way.

gmab

Reaction score
Hit the one year mark. Goodbye XM Guardian . I used it to unlock, start, etc remotely. Sad I lose this but can’t see spending the $$$ for it.
Never used any of the emergency services.

Users who are viewing this thread