5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

XM Guardian Free Trial

Kneddings

Reaction score
I have been having issues activating my free trial of XM Guardian. I have called the dealership and they have done a refresh of my XM signal with no avail. I have also contacted XM and they state they do not have my VIN listed as a vehicle that supports this feature. I am driving a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited with a dealer tag that states XM Guardian is available on my truck.

Anyone else have this issue?

RJS

Reaction score
I have been having issues activating my free trial of XM Guardian. I have called the dealership and they have done a refresh of my XM signal with no avail. I have also contacted XM and they state they do not have my VIN listed as a vehicle that supports this feature. I am driving a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited with a dealer tag that states XM Guardian is available on my truck.

Anyone else have this issue?
You'll need to keep after XM. When I bought my 19 last month they would only give me two months radio and nothing else as they said the truck was used. Talked to the dealer and they said it was entered correctly as new (which it is) in the system and it was out of their hands. A couple more checks satisfied me it actually was new. So I called XMback on a sunday AM, luckily got the Phillipines this time and he said he's pursue the issue. On hold for 8-10 minutes and he came back said he was making progress but stay with him it could take awhile. He came back in another 5 min or so and said it was still in progress but dealing with India was taking a while. After 45 minutes or more, he said everything was in place and I should have a year subscription and 5 years of everything else in 3 - 4 days. I about three days and a few emails of things happening, I started the truck and had everything as it should be.

Sign up with My Mopar website, you can access the Guardian Registration from there and your VIN will be there from your registration on the site.

Sorry to go into detail but hang in there, you need to keep pushing XM.

Last edited:

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
This may sound silly but did you buy the truck? Why do you have dealer tags? This service starts from date of purchase.

RJS

Reaction score
You'll need to keep after XM. When I bought my 19 last month they would only give me two months radio and nothing else as they said the truck was used. Talked to the dealer and they said it was entered correctly as new (which it is) in the system and it was out of their hands. A couple more checks satisfied me it actually was new. So I called XMback on a sunday AM, luckily got the Phillipines this time and he said he's pursue the issue. On hold for 8-10 minutes and he came back said he was making progress but stay with him it could take awhile. He came back in another 5 min or so and said it was still in progress but dealing with India was taking a while. After 45 minutes or more, he said everything was in place and I should have a year subscription and 5 years of everything else in 3 - 4 days. I about three days and a few emails of things happening, I started the truck and had everything as it should be.

Also, be sure you are signed up with My Mopar website. I think you can get into the Guardian Registration there and your Vin will be there from your registration process.

Sorry to go into detail but hang in there, you need to keep pushing XM.

Kneddings

Reaction score
This may sound silly but did you buy the truck? Why do you have dealer tags? This service starts from date of purchase.
By Dealer tag I mean MSRP Tag that shows all of the connected services offered for this truck. Yes purchased the truck brand new.

Users who are viewing this thread