5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wulf or Motofab 1/2" leveling spacers

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Laramie 4x4 with the Off-Road package. I don't want to go a full 2" in the front to level it. 1/2" would certainly help, but 1" would be perfect. My question is do you see anything wrong with stacking two 1/2" spacers on top of each other. I would change out the 3 upper strut mounting bolts for some longer ones to give me enough threads to screw the nuts on. I want to do as minimal of suspension mods as I can, but there is just a little too much rake right now. Thanks.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Laramie 4x4 with the Off-Road package. I don't want to go a full 2" in the front to level it. 1/2" would certainly help, but 1" would be perfect. My question is do you see anything wrong with stacking two 1/2" spacers on top of each other. I would change out the 3 upper strut mounting bolts for some longer ones to give me enough threads to screw the nuts on. I want to do as minimal of suspension mods as I can, but there is just a little too much rake right now. Thanks.
You can't change the upper strut bolts because they are studs that are part of the upper shock plate. 1/2" spacers work because there is enough stud remaining to put the nuts back on, then it jumps up to 2" because the spacer is taller than the factory studs and the spacer has new studs to attach it back to the truck. Nothing really exists in between 1/2" and 2" for the ram because the way the shock mounts. I believe street rays has 1-1/2" spacer which some 2" spacers like the ready lift only nominally lift the front 1-1/2" even though its marketed as a 2 inch. As far as wolf or motofab it doesn't really matter as 1/2" spacers are basically just a piece of 5/16" thick flat steel.

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
You can't change the upper strut bolts because they are studs that are part of the upper shock plate. 1/2" spacers work because there is enough stud remaining to put the nuts back on, then it jumps up to 2" because the spacer is taller than the factory studs and the spacer has new studs to attach it back to the truck. Nothing really exists in between 1/2" and 2" for the ram because the way the shock mounts. I believe street rays has 1-1/2" spacer which some 2" spacers like the ready lift only nominally lift the front 1-1/2" even though its marketed as a 2 inch. As far as wolf or motofab it doesn't really matter as 1/2" spacers are basically just a piece of 5/16" thick flat steel.

I know what you are saying, however if you go look at the zone 2" leveling kit they have you swap out the bolts for longer ones. You have to dissamble the upper strut mount, which doesnt look complicated.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know what you are saying, however if you go look at the zone 2" leveling kit they have you swap out the bolts for longer ones. You have to dissamble the upper strut mount, which doesnt look complicated.

If you're going to disassemble the strut, you have several other options as well, can buy the front springs used on the off-road package trucks that will lift the front end 1", or the Billstein 5100 adjustable shocks should be out here in another month or so that give the option of adjusting the front end height in 1/2" increments. Unless your just trying to raise the front end up as cheap as possible the Billsteins would ultimately be the best option.

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
If you're going to disassemble the strut, you have several other options as well, can buy the front springs used on the off-road package trucks that will lift the front end 1", or the Billstein 5100 adjustable shocks should be out here in another month or so that give the option of adjusting the front end height in 1/2" increments. Unless your just trying to raise the front end up as cheap as possible the Billsteins would ultimately be the best option.

Yes I have the Off Road package, which is sort of why I'm trying to stay away from the 2"s. I wish Bilstein would give a firm date, and even then will they be available? Do they anticipate the mad rush?

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes I have the Off Road package, which is sort of why I'm trying to stay away from the 2"s. I wish Bilstein would give a firm date, and even then will they be available? Do they anticipate the mad rush?
Jackit.com has then for 132 each free shipping part number is 24-232203

tailhook31

Reaction score
OK, so any ride difference between stock and bilstein and stock struts ??

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OK, so any ride difference between stock and bilstein and stock struts ??
The bilsteins just came out. No one has installed them yet to comment on the ride. Historically the general consensus on the 5100 installed on all other models of truck, chevy, dodge, ford etc. is that they are an improvement over stock. not on par with CO replacements like Fox, King, or Icon, but better than stock. All depends on price point.

Users who are viewing this thread