5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WTF Ram….700 miles and already…

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Ok must be the Covid build excuses but my truck has 700 miles on it and already Monday it goes into the dealer to have the dash taken apart and the body mounts and A-Pillar inspected.

Driving over any articulation (speed bump, pulling into an driveway or parking lot I have what sounds like my dash is separating from the firewall. There is a pounding and clanking and what sounds like it’s coming from 3 separate spots (passenger grab handle area, front right corner of the dash, center speaker area).
Additionally I get a slamming noise under my floor board on the drivers side.

Not thrilled it’s going to go under the knife already. Typically once a dealer does this…it never is right again.

Just garbage.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah that sucks big time. I agree I wouldn’t want my dash being torn apart on a brand new truck. Hopefully they fix it, put it back together and you’ll be good

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Dash didn’t visually move but is clanking like
Hell also Side to side as I hear something sliding in there.

Cab mount is clunking too of course but idk what the plan is for that.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not thrilled it’s going to go under the knife already. Typically once a dealer does this…it never is right again.
I agree about not wanting anyone tearing up a brand new truck, but in this case it sounds like it was never right to begin with. Hopefully they don't mess anything else up while they're in there.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
I agree about not wanting anyone tearing up a brand new truck, but in this case it sounds like it was never right to begin with. Hopefully they don't mess anything else up while they're in there.

You’re right. I’ll be optimistic about it. Being upset won’t change it. Needs attention so I’ll get it done.

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
That’s a relief! Still good a few weeks later? Hopefully you’ve been able to enjoy your new truck and not have to worry about a factory oversight every day.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those low milage f-ups are so demoralizing, I know how you feel. Windshield on my previous vehicle (JGC) cracked across the bottom half within a week of me driving the thing. Wasn't hit by anything, was just set in too tight or something, hit a medium-sized bump and *SNAP*. Was not amused. Got it replaced through the dealer for free though (and not even the dealer I bought the vehicle from), didn't have to go through my insurance.

Glad this worked out for you. You never know what your chances are but I'd like to think that if had something go wrong this early, you'll be solid for a while!

Users who are viewing this thread