5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrong flowmaster delivered

Boyter

Reaction score
Does anyone know the differences between the RAM Classic flowmaster CAT Back system (717860) and the 5th gen version (717889)?

Guess who had the wrong version delivered :confused: Sending it back isn't an option as I'm in the other side of the world, just curious to know how much modifications I have ahead of me.

Cheers!

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Ouch.....looks like the muffler is the same, however the mid pipe in front of the muffler has a different connection type and length. The tail pipes look to have completely different bends. Doubtful you could salvage much.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Op that truly sucks and I mean that in the most sincere way.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Since the Ram classic is essentially a 4th gen Ram, perhaps you could sell the one you received to someone where you are located and reorder the correct 5th gen catback system.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If the wrong item was sent by seller then is should be their responsibility to exchange for you with correct item, unless is you bought wrong item.

Boyter

Reaction score
Op, where exactly are you located ?

In Dubai. I'll see if I can sell it but trying to find the right buyer could be troublesome. The spares/parts market out here is just weird. Failing that....I have a tig welder :cool:

nicktisingh

Reaction score
Does anyone know the differences between the RAM Classic flowmaster CAT Back system (717860) and the 5th gen version (717889)?

Guess who had the wrong version delivered :confused: Sending it back isn't an option as I'm in the other side of the world, just curious to know how much modifications I have ahead of me.

Cheers!
Did you get the 717889? if so do you mind giving a video- interior shot of the sound and noise levels?

Users who are viewing this thread