5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrap or Plastidip

Javerso

Reaction score
So I want to completely black out my 2021 Limited. It’s Black now but want all the badging, mirrors, trim and grill blacked out. Not sure about the rims yet tho.
I’ve been looking into matte black vinyl wrap. Heard today about Plastidip.
What are your thoughts? Pros cons of each??
I’m looking to do this very soon.
Thanks to all.
Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XmikeX

Reaction score
Wrap will probably last longer and depending on your skills with a rattle can look better than PD. also look into hyperdip its supposedly looks better than PD and last longer. I'm going to attempt to black out my badges with it.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purchased a can of plasti dip Multi-Purpose Rubber Coating and painted the front drivers side fender flare. I was not happy with the soft texture and the orange peel, so I peeled it off.

After considering all of the options available. I decided to purchase a roll of 3M Wrap Series 1080 - Matte Deep Black -M22 to wrap the rocker panels on the truck.

It took me a day per side since I'm an amateur at wrapping and there are a lot of twist and turns around the door sills.

1631814241069.png

It has been on thee truck for over 2 years and has held up well.
Driver_Side_Color_Lugs.png

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I purchased a can of plasti dip Multi-Purpose Rubber Coating and painted the front drivers side fender flare. I was not happy with the soft texture and the orange peel, so I peeled it off.

After considering all of the options available. I decided to purchase a roll of 3M Wrap Series 1080 - Matte Deep Black -M22 to wrap the rocker panels on the truck.

It took me a day per side since I'm an amateur at wrapping and there are a lot of twist and turns around the door sills.

View attachment 105618

It has been on thee truck for over 2 years and has held up well.
View attachment 105619
Looks great! It matches the fender flares color perfectly!

Shawn19

Reaction score
I tried the Hyperdip route. I think it looks great on the badging, but the grill and bumper have spots where I hit some bugs and just didn’t hold up in those spots, to be fair it was cicada crazy early in the summer.
Badging worked out good and I would recommend for those, but look into options for the chrome grill and bumper.
The good part is I can just pull it off after it takes too many hits. 65E2A605-CFC6-4EAD-BDF0-D74C4DE268BC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread