5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wouldn't power down

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Anyone have this happen? Took the truck out yesterday and when I turned it off the radio wouldn't power down after opening the door. It stayed on even after I got out, shut the door, and locked it. So I turned the truck back on and powered it off again and it stayed on again. I manually turned the radio off and a few hours later when we returned home it functioned as normal but that was really odd.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Anyone have this happen? Took the truck out yesterday and when I turned it off the radio wouldn't power down after opening the door. It stayed on even after I got out, shut the door, and locked it. So I turned the truck back on and powered it off again and it stayed on again. I manually turned the radio off and a few hours later when we returned home it functioned as normal but that was really odd.
Yeah, had similar. From what I can remember the radio "software version" was updated while still under 3 year warranty. That was back in October/November 2021, no issue since.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
I’ve had it happen but not since maybe the 1st or 2nd software version. Not sure exactly how long it stayed on but it was longer than 30mins.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Interesting, I'll have to check what version I have, it updated last week I believe.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Perhaps it remained on specifically for the purpose of updating?
Maybe. It didn't ever show that it was updating but maybe it started before I got in and then continued once I stopped?

wvinson

Reaction score
My '22 Limited just started doing this -- I do remember upon cranking it up, it something like "software failure to load error" or something like that. Maybe it is staying on trying to update?

truckless

Reaction score
My '22 Limited just started doing this -- I do remember upon cranking it up, it something like "software failure to load error" or something like that. Maybe it is staying on trying to update?

I actually got a software update failed error this morning when I started it up....

Bigbags85

Reaction score
I'll mention it tomorrow to the dealer, they're looking at it for the Trailer tire pressure system service required light coming on and the fact that it almost stalls upon first firing it up in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread