5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would this be the notorious exhaust manifold leak?

jayhawk

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Recently I noticed ticking sound from the driver side. It went away after I drove it for about 10 min. Would this be the exhaust manifold leak?

Also it doesnt happen at every first start, so Im kinda confused what might the issue.

Last edited:

Cueva del Osos

Reaction score
Yep, that’s how mine started and it only gets worse. Just had both of mine replaced (took dealer 3 mo to get them…back ordered of course)

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yep, that’s how mine started and it only gets worse. Just had both of mine replaced (took dealer 3 mo to get them…back ordered of course)
They can only get two sets at a time. I haven't had the problem, but discussed it with my write up. They have to do the replacement, and return the 2 bad sets, to get more.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They can only get two sets at a time. I haven't had the problem, but discussed it with my write up. They have to do the replacement, and return the 2 bad sets, to get more.
I am fairly certain they are very easy to get right now. We stock 6 sets(1 for each side) now with no issue replenishment. That may depend on their stocking depot.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am fairly certain they are very easy to get right now. We stock 6 sets(1 for each side) now with no issue replenishment. That may depend on their stocking depot.
Yeah, it was 6 or 8 months ago, I was told that, so it must have changed. Which is good.

Users who are viewing this thread