5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would these Brake Pads/Rotors/Lines be worth it?

R

Rob5589

What is your braking system lacking? I can tell you this, I ran those pads along with the Powerstop rotors on my old Silverado and while they work well hot, they suck when cold. Be careful with speed and stopping distance if towing before they get warmed up.

Rogues Gambit

Reaction score
What is your braking system lacking? I can tell you this, I ran those pads along with the Powerstop rotors on my old Silverado and while they work well hot, they suck when cold. Be careful with speed and stopping distance if towing before they get warmed up.

Not lacking anything right now tbh, just I like to build cars and while I don't do anything completely unnecessary (overbuilt my old stangs suspension to the point of it being creaky on the roads, had to fix it), you know down the line you'd have to replace OEM parts, plus SS brake lines are always a plus

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not lacking anything right now tbh, just I like to build cars and while I don't do anything completely unnecessary (overbuilt my old stangs suspension to the point of it being creaky on the roads, had to fix it), you know down the line you'd have to replace OEM parts, plus SS brake lines are always a plus
replacing brakes @ 28,000 is completely unessessary. its your money, carry on.

R

Rob5589

Personally, and I have no hard evidence to back my belief, I would not replace brake lines on a vehicle that has anti lock and/or traction control systems. Are the lines part of the equation in their operation? I don't know but, not something I am willing to chance. That and solid lines were an "upgrade" many years ago due to poor rubber designs. Less so today with new materials. Again, just my opinion.

Rogues Gambit

Reaction score
Personally, and I have no hard evidence to back my belief, I would not replace brake lines on a vehicle that has anti lock and/or traction control systems. Are the lines part of the equation in their operation? I don't know but, not something I am willing to chance. That and solid lines were an "upgrade" many years ago due to poor rubber designs. Less so today with new materials. Again, just my opinion.

True, but upgraded my Audi and Mustang's lines with no issues, so don't see how it'll be that much of an issue.

Wonder if anyone has experience with these mods yet

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Replacing the rubber brake lines that run to the calipers with SS braided lines is fairly easy and straight forward task. Has nothing to do with the ABS module, nor will it affect the traction control.

rubber breaklines today are probably the same type and style they were back in the day. They are made from rubber due to vibration and suspension designs. Keeping the fluid flushed at regular intervals will give the stock rubber lines many years of service. Not knocking anything you posted, sir. Just helping clear the topic.

Users who are viewing this thread