5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would not having the advance safety group stop you ordering?

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I get the frustrations. When I was originally looking into Rams I was impressed that there were so many trims you could get stuff like Air Ride added onto (I want air ride because I really enjoy the ride on my mom's Grand Cherokee Summit which has been an excellent vehicle). When I was pricing things out before the chip shortage got in full swing I decided to go Limited simply because it wasn't really all that much more than the lower trims by the time I essentially decked it out with almost every available option.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I Would not Even Begin to Speculate as to the depth of Internal Approval needed to make this decision, However, GM at least Made it clear to dealers And prospective buyers that tech features like these are not currently Orderable. They Didn't erase them from Their current offerings, they Just made them unavailable to order. telling buyers, "Yea, we cant order blind spot monitoring right NOW." Would sit better than saying "Its not Even an option on anything under a sticker of 65k" in my opinion. Its not Even like there is a difference. Just may come off differently to consumers.
Not really sure I see a distinction there. Does it really matter how they say it? Does it matter whether they remove them from option packages or make them unavailable to order? Either way you don't get those tech features right now. I can guarantee that if/when supplies rebound they'll be updating those option packages back to include these features again. I understand your frustration at not being able to get features you want on certain trim levels that you used to be able to get them. Unfortunately it's the nature of things right now. At least Ram dealerships have some trucks on their lots. I can't say the same for my local Chevy and Ford dealerships.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
So, to summarize, what is missing in the 2022's, compared to the 2021's, (except the Limited trim?), besides the Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross-Path and Trailer Detection?

aimlowrobin

Reaction score
Without wading into all the replies (one page of the tech nay sayers was enough), my advice to the OP is this: only take the truck if you "need" it now and can't wait. I have tried to convince myself 2 times over the last 7 years that I would be ok with a truck even though it didn't have certain features I wanted. In each case I kept the truck 1.5 years or less and ditched it to get what I wanted. The first time was right after a divorce when I thought I would be OK trying to save some money, the other was after I totaled my 1.5 yr old truck and just let myself get in a hurry in finding the right replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online