5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would like your option: Manifold Leak

dearmosd

Reaction score
So, Im not new to cars but new to the Ram, I purchased a 2021 Ram with the 5.7L w/ eTorque, after purchase (of course) never noticed this because they would start it up and warm it up for a couple minutes before my three test drives but upon cold start up the driver side sounds louder and sounds like a small exhaust leak......now after 2-5min the sounds is much more quite and uniformed to the left side.

Being new to Ram I wanted to get your input on the sound...maybe its a cold start thing that is normal. Passenger side sounds normal to me. After it warms up it seems to go away which makes me curious if when cold could there be a gap in between the manifold and block and when warm the metal expands and creates a better seal?

I have a two week wait to get into the dealership since the holidays are coming up. I enjoy the forums to hear other people's thoughts and experiences so just looking for thoughts while I wait to get into the dealership.

Driver Side Sound

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
So, Im not new to cars but new to the Ram, I purchased a 2021 Ram with the 5.7L w/ eTorque, after purchase (of course) never noticed this because they would start it up and warm it up for a couple minutes before my three test drives but upon cold start up the driver side sounds louder and sounds like a small exhaust leak......now after 2-5min the sounds is much more quite and uniformed to the left side.

Being new to Ram I wanted to get your input on the sound...maybe its a cold start thing that is normal. Passenger side sounds normal to me. After it warms up it seems to go away which makes me curious if when cold could there be a gap in between the manifold and block and when warm the metal expands and creates a better seal?

I have a two week wait to get into the dealership since the holidays are coming up. I enjoy the forums to hear other people's thoughts and experiences so just looking for thoughts while I wait to get into the dealership.

Driver Side Sound
cracked exhaust manifold.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread