5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would like to Paint Match 2019 Ram Limited Wheels!!

dkmonster

Reaction score
Anyone know how to remove the wheel inserts on the all new 2019 Ram 1500 limited 22 inch wheels? I would like to get them painted to match my Delmonico Pearl red color of my truck.

1575649058857.png

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Anyone know how to remove the wheel inserts on the all new 2019 Ram 1500 limited 22 inch wheels? I would like to get them painted to match my Delmonico Pearl red color of my truck.

View attachment 41209
Those are not "inserts". It's paint, while the rest of the wheel is polished aluminum, and all of it clear-coated.
Any body shop or wheel place can strip and paint or powder-coat them any color your heart desires.

Cheers,

dkmonster

Reaction score
Those are not "inserts". It's paint, while the rest of the wheel is polished aluminum, and all of it clear-coated.
Any body shop or wheel place can strip and paint or powder-coat them any color your heart desires.

Cheers,
Ok Great thank for the info.

drstein

Reaction score
When I bought mine, I looked at two Longhorns, black and steel metallic. I originally thought they WERE color matched. Please
DO post pics if you do.

WR986

Reaction score
Another option is Fuel wheels. They make a red version of the ones on my truck.

Attachments

• Truck.jpeg
    Truck.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 175

Terrible_One

Reaction score
Any body shop or wheel place can strip and paint or powder-coat them any color your heart desires

That doesn't seem right to me. The option sheet for my truck literally says "22X9.0 Polish/Painted Whls w/Inserts" - So yes, they are painted, but they should be painted inserts. Now how easy they are to take off (if at all) is a different discussion, lol.

Jon_3

Reaction score
Anyone knows how to remove those wheel inserts?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any good bodyshop should be able to just mask and paint without having to risk breaking them during removal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reaction score
That option is available on the Longhorns but I’ve never seen red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I read on a different forum there are 3 torx screws on the backside of the wheel that hold the inserts on and you have to remove the wheel to get to them. Didn’t see any pictures and haven’t had a chance to check things out so it’s completely unverified.

mastermayhm

Reaction score
I read on a different forum there are 3 torx screws on the backside of the wheel that hold the inserts on and you have to remove the wheel to get to them. Didn’t see any pictures and haven’t had a chance to check things out so it’s completely unverified.
I had a set of these wheels and i dont remember seeing any screws on the back side of the wheel. my mind would be blown if this is true lol i wanna see the wheels with the insert removed.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That doesn't seem right to me. The option sheet for my truck literally says "22X9.0 Polish/Painted Whls w/Inserts" - So yes, they are painted, but they should be painted inserts. Now how easy they are to take off (if at all) is a different discussion, lol.
Polished wheels with painted inserts, they are not removable. 1) I've removed my wheels and there's nothing there to remove them. 2) no gap around the edges 3) someone would've done it already if they were removeable.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Polished wheels with painted inserts, they are not removable. 1) I've removed my wheels and there's nothing there to remove them. 2) no gap around the edges 3) someone would've done it already if they were removeable.
Watching and waiting for photos of this!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Dodge/Ram has been making wheels with "inserts" for years. None of them have been removable as far as I know. This question came up with 4th gens, and now with 5th gens. They are not removable.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can remove them, but they are not meant to be removed. Like Mike mentioned, it’s easier to just have a shop tape and spray- There’s a high chance you will break or bend the inserts when removing them

Flyinrams

Reaction score
You can remove them, but they are not meant to be removed. Like Mike mentioned, it’s easier to just have a shop tape and spray- There’s a high chance you will break or bend the inserts when removing them
not meant to is for guys that like to pay to have everything done for them. What would be the point in having a forum if everything that was not meant to be removed/changed was left alone?

Users who are viewing this thread