5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would like some input on my audio plans.

MonkeyTheory

Reaction score
Hey,
So I have a 2020 Sport Crew with the Alpine system. I planned on purchasing my amps and DSP tomorrow but wanted to see what people thought before I pulled the trigger.

Rockford Fosgate DSR1
iDatalink HRN-AR-CH4 Harness (this is the one I need correct?)

Sundown Audio SFB 500.4 to power:
Sundown Audio SA-6.5CS v.3 6.5" Components (Front)
Sundown Audio SA-69CX v.2 Coax (rear)

Sundown Audio SFB 3000d to power:
(2) Sundown Audio SA-12 V2 in a Fox Acoustics 2-12 Vented Box.

Does anyone have any experience with the DSR1? From what I understand I can use the factory wiring. If so, does anyone know what metra connectors I can use for the doors and the dash?

I think my plan is to try and make an amp rack where the factory sub is. Anyone with experience mounting amps to the back wall? I also feel like I will need a second battery.

Any thoughts or insight would be greatly appreciated. I have done the systems in my last two trucks but one was a 12 with an aftermarket deck and the other was a 16 Rebel with Alpine but I used an amp pro. I have no experience with the DSR1.

D-dub

Reaction score
I don't personally have experience with the DSR1. I have a co-worker who does, and he loves it! My advise is to YouTube 5 star car stereo. There he talks about it and how to set it up. I'll see if I can find a link to it and I'll post it.

Last edited:

D-dub

Reaction score
I hope that helps. I have the base 6 speaker system without the ANC and I installed the Infinity reference 2 way 6x9s in the doors only and they were the best $200 I've spent. It sounds like I have a sub in my truck when I play a bass track. Lows are more defined and the clarity is night and day! Totally worth it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread