5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worth It To Get 6112 over 5100 If I Don't Offroad A Lot(Looking for Best Ride Quality)

Reaction score
I have a set of 285/65/r20 open country iii's on the way, and after doing some research some say the unless you are doing a lot of off roading, the 6112 would be overkill, just stick with the 5100. But it seems to me the 6112 is a much better built shock. So if I'm looking to maintain as close to the stock ride or even better, would going with the 6112 yeild better ride quality on the hwy, or would they both be similar if I'm not offroading.

As an aside, do anyone actually get close to 3 inches with either maxed out? If I did go with the 5100, I would get eibach front springs to go with them to keep from compressing the front springs to much. I'm also going with 5100s in the rears with icon springs or something similar.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you are going to spend the money on the Eibachs you may as well get the 6112's. They hold a lot more oil so they will resist fading for much longer. They are also rebuildable and the 5100's aren't. So for your kind of money the 6112's are a no brainer.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A friend of mine remarked just yesterday how big a difference it was coming off of 5100s and up to the 6112s, granted not on a Ram. But I suspect the magnitude of difference is comparable across platforms.

Reaction score
If you are going to spend the money on the Eibachs you may as well get the 6112's. They hold a lot more oil so they will resist fading for much longer. They are also rebuildable and the 5100's aren't. So for your kind of money the 6112's are a no brainer.
Ok, I think I will try to spring out extra cash for those( pun intended 🙂)

On another note, just got a good deal on ready lift 2.0 leveling kit which was cheaper than just getting the ucas alone. I had no intentions on using any spacers, but now what to do with those? Nothing or maybe use them to extend lift to 3.5 or 4 inches and only going up 1 1/2 to 2 inches on the Bilsteins and going with 2 inch coils in the rear?

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score

On another note, just got a good deal on ready lift 2.0 leveling kit which was cheaper than just getting the ucas alone. I had no intentions on using any spacers, but now what to do with those? Nothing or maybe use them to extend lift to 3.5 or 4 inches and only going up 1 1/2 to 2 inches on the Bilsteins and going with 2 inch coils in the rear?
Nope. You're not gonna do that. It wil destroy your front end. If you want 4inches of lift you need to do a 4 inch lift. Just set the Bilsteins to the highest setting and leave it at that. You'll fit your 35's on just fine. Sell the spacers. There are plenty of peeps that will buy it.

Bustedgrills

Reaction score

I have the 6112s on 5th clip setting plus the ready lift tophat and uppercontrol arms...got exactly 3.5" in the front and did icon 1.5" rear lift springs...fit 295/55r22(35" tall) toyo open country at3. Truck sits level, drives like stock, and no issue for about 40,000 miles

Users who are viewing this thread