5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Work performed Invoice attached

Rayzram

Reaction score
I have included the invoice from the work performed, and my emailed response. Maybe something on here will help others. You can see they clearly state this Vibration is "normal" for our trucks. There is not one single intention of correcting this issue.

#1, 2, 3, & 4 Not relevant to my complaints/concerns.
#5 – Thumping noise still there just like it was
#6 – Brake noise still present, see parts are on backorder until sometime Jan 2020
#7 – Front park assist is right back on. Came on when I left for work very next
morning after picking it up. Has been disabled since then. This has not functioned
since the night I bought the truck. Over a year, 2 dealers, and 4 trips and still cant
be fixed.
#8 – Transmission concern seems to improved drastically. I have not had issues
with it since picking it up.
#9 – Although it still blasts cold air on you, it does now seem to be better at
regulating temperature in Auto mode. It will actually reduce fan speed and
change to maintain better cabin temperature.
#10 – Has not really been cold yet so I can not say if it will still take forever to reach
operating temp in freezing weather.
#11 – Auto high beams still suck horribly and I have them disabled again. All they
do is flop back and forth non stop between high and low beams when no traffic is
present.
#12 – THIS is what is going to make me, and many others get rid of these trucks.
This vibration is an absolute joke and the 2020 models are doing it as well.
#13 – Will not know if this is still snapping my neck until front assist is fixed apparently since it is disabled.
#14 – Appears to have a drastic improvement and smooth acceleration now,
though I have not pulled any type of a load since to verify 100%.
#15 – Has not messed up since I got it back, but had only done this a couple times
in a year so this may or may not have fixed it. Only time will tell.
#16 – Not surprised this could not be duplicated and even stated that when
dropping it off. Though it has not done it again since picking it up, only time will
tell if it happens again.
#17 – Still goes into MDS/VVT mode at 25 mph and lugs down horribly. I should not
have to start this truck, select gear limit 8 every time I get in it to keep this
bullcrap “feature” disabled so I can actually drive it in town. This is a horrible joke.
#18 – Has not messed up since I got it back. Time will tell.
#19 – Still cant see at night. I have an appointment at a reputable body shop and
will pay to have them properly adjusted.
#20 – Only used tailgate once since getting it back. I did not notice a difference but
out of habit, I slammed it so it may or may not properly close without slamming it.
#21 – Has not done this since getting it back.
#22 – Did not figure Ram would have an update to the pathetic splash guard
design, but had to ask.
#23 – Seems to be doing good now idling through our lot. It holds first gear as it
should idling through the lot.

Last edited:

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Damn, quite a list. FYI you may want to black out your name and address, cell # and email from the work order!

I'm headed in for the brake moaning..at least I now know the parts are back-ordered.

Auto High Beams - when they click on/off - are there speed limit or other roadsigns in the area causing them to reflect back at the sensor on the truck?

HVAC - Did they happen to say when the software update was released? Curious if there is a more recent version than what was put on my truck over the summer.

Vibration/drone - I've felt it occasionally, with trucks these days its either MDS or twin turbos. Gotta love when they pull one off the lot to "test". Ford did that a lot with my F150.

As to the Mopar splash guards, I ordered them as soon as they came out as well. Installed them, realized they were crap and then sold them on eBay after my WeatherTech's arrived. I ran WeatherTechs my F150s and no issues with them.

Rayzram

Reaction score
I removed it for the time being. Have to have someone help me remove my personal information. Not computer literate much for that type of thing.

Users who are viewing this thread