5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Won’t shift out of park? Anyone else have this problem consistently?

Pola0502ds

Reaction score
I have a 2019 heavy duty cummins 2500 with column shifter and the truck only has 600 miles on it and at least once a day the shifter gets stuck in park. The only way to fix it is to shut the truck off and turn it back on again. Has anyone else ever run into this problem and know what the fix is? Its quite annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I have a 2019 heavy duty cummins 2500 with column shifter and the truck only has 600 miles on it and at least once a day the shifter gets stuck in park. The only way to fix it is to shut the truck off and turn it back on again. Has anyone else ever run into this problem and know what the fix is? Its quite annoying.

This isn’t normal on any vehicle. I’d take it to the dealer if I were you.

Cheers,

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Let off the brake
Hit the throttle a little
Shift and go

Easy fix

It’s on Cummins forum and HD Rams

Your local 3500 Megacab owner

Boston

Reaction score
First step: Have someone check to see if the brake lights work.
If they do, time to look at the relays to the switch.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
You can either do the work around it til a fix happens or keep sitting in your driveway.

Adapt and over come devil there is nothing right now that FCA has to fix the issue.

You want solutions or a parked truck? That’s up to you.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Just when I thought I missed a column shift... Is there actual linkage in the 2500 column to the trans or is it connected to a switch? Could be that the brake release interlock is goofy as well

Users who are viewing this thread