5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Woble at highway speeds

pljr

Reaction score
2022 1500 Limited, same issue. It seems to vary but I've noticed a wobble at speeds between 20-30 but really noticed around 45-60. Sometimes seems to be rhythmic osillation like a balance problem, other times just a constant bumpy feel everywhere. Subtle sometimes, others not so much. I've reduced the pressure down to 37 on the tires which seemed to help, which makes me think its related to the air ride. Perhaps the tire bounces, then the air ride counter bounces, and this goes on and on for all 4 tires.

Now that I'm tuned into it, its all I can feel when I drive. Spending 60K on my 1st new truck and just not enjoying the ride at all. I'm going out of my mind.....this sucks.

Noticed problem around 20-25k, just thought it was the tires. Finally replaced factory tires at 35K. 4 re-balance, 2 were road force. Then replaced the tires, another several re-balance with road force. Was told I have 1 tire that has a road force of 20, and can't get it any better. Not been to a dealer for any of these, since I don't trust dealers having experience tire techs.

I've since taken matters into my own hands, jacked up the rear, rigged up a ruler and camera to document the state of the rims runout. Recorded both rear rims, then swapped 1 with the steel rim spare and recorded that. I can see that the Aluminum rim, has a wobble of about 1/32" (.031) and the steel rim runs true. Both rear rims were about the same amount of runout. Is this from normal driving? Perhaps, but all rims being out of round sure seems like they can't handle normal driving conditions without this happening.

I'll likely have a rim shop pull the rims and re-true all of them if out of round. Was quoted $100 to check, $125 each tire to correct if needed. This shop told me that anything running more that .020 runout is out of spec.

So damn tired of this. Ram Cares? not so much. I checked and no warranty on rims.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2022 1500 Limited, same issue. It seems to vary but I've noticed a wobble at speeds between 20-30 but really noticed around 45-60. Sometimes seems to be rhythmic osillation like a balance problem, other times just a constant bumpy feel everywhere. Subtle sometimes, others not so much. I've reduced the pressure down to 37 on the tires which seemed to help, which makes me think its related to the air ride. Perhaps the tire bounces, then the air ride counter bounces, and this goes on and on for all 4 tires.

Now that I'm tuned into it, its all I can feel when I drive. Spending 60K on my 1st new truck and just not enjoying the ride at all. I'm going out of my mind.....this sucks.

Noticed problem around 20-25k, just thought it was the tires. Finally replaced factory tires at 35K. 4 re-balance, 2 were road force. Then replaced the tires, another several re-balance with road force. Was told I have 1 tire that has a road force of 20, and can't get it any better. Not been to a dealer for any of these, since I don't trust dealers having experience tire techs.

I've since taken matters into my own hands, jacked up the rear, rigged up a ruler and camera to document the state of the rims runout. Recorded both rear rims, then swapped 1 with the steel rim spare and recorded that. I can see that the Aluminum rim, has a wobble of about 1/32" (.031) and the steel rim runs true. Both rear rims were about the same amount of runout. Is this from normal driving? Perhaps, but all rims being out of round sure seems like they can't handle normal driving conditions without this happening.

I'll likely have a rim shop pull the rims and re-true all of them if out of round. Was quoted $100 to check, $125 each tire to correct if needed. This shop told me that anything running more that .020 runout is out of spec.

So damn tired of this. Ram Cares? not so much. I checked and no warranty on rims.
Wheels would be covered under factory warranty if they are, in fact, defective. But since problem didn't start until after you hit 20K miles, it's going to be hard to prove it's a factory defect.

Since you haven't taken it to dealer to be checked out, it's definitely not going to be covered under warranty since you are probably over 36K by now with no previous documentation of dealer visit for this issue

BWHITLOCK86

Reaction score
Didn't try it today, but in some other tests, I've tried that and removing my foot off the accelerator and coasting didn't change anything. I've even put the truck in Neutral, and still, the vibrations continued. So does that help narrow things down at all?
TRIED THIS AS WELL........I LOVE THE TRUCK BUT CANT STAND THE PERIODIC SHAKING....SO HARD TO PIN-POINT

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online