5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wobble not in steering wheel

Jrogmo

Reaction score
Bought 2021 Laramie. Noticeable wobble in floorboard even after first 2000 miles. Though maybe the road, but not. Happens at 54 mph. Next back to the dealer. Disappointing because I really liked the truck. 1500 quadcab special order.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Does it happen when in MDS mode? Could be the anti-vibration device.

Bozknight55

Reaction score
So had this exact same issue on my 2020 Limited. At exactly 54 to about 62 ish the truck seemed to offer up a slight shake. It has been discussed frequently on here. Had put up with it because it disappeared beyond 63 mph. Lately, I noticed the tires felt like they were "skipping" or pushing while slowly turning in reverse or turning left or right from a stop sign. I have about 15000 miles on the truck with no towing or offroad. Only pavement miles.
Had enough, put on Michelin LTX tires 285/45/22.
All gone. Rides like it should. I love the way it rides now.
There is NO more wobble or pushing. Those factory tires are garbage were wearing down too fast anyway.
I should have replaced them 10000 miles ago.
Search here and fall into a deep hole of others road force balancing, changing out parts and wheels. So many dealership visits, all to just have RAMCARES tell them how sorry they are to hear they are having problems. This seems to be independent of tire brand, but no one ever seemed to get the issue resolved with the dealer.
For a little more than $1300 at Discount Tire, I have new tires and no more issues. You will love your truck again without all the hassles going to the dealer and them scratching their heads.
Hate to see you lose a truck you love over a set of aftermarket tires.
My guess is that RAM makes a deal with tire companies to make OK brand name tires to throw on their trucks. They do ok to get them out the door but are ultimately crap.

I hope this finds you and gets you to an immediate solution. Get new tires and sell those old ones to some sucker.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread