5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wiring suggestion for aux reverse lights on/off/on switch

Sniper75

Reaction score
First time posting so hope I'm doing this right. This is for 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4.
I am looking to wire in aux reverse lights so that I have the option of either having them come on when I throw the truck in reverse, competly switch off in the day time OR when I flip the switch on the dash to turn on when truck is in park at night. I am utterly clueless as to how to set this up. Can anyone direct me?

I know how to wire it all up without tying into the OEM reverse light circuit, it's how to tie in and make it work that has me stumped...

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would say to use a relay behind the Taillight. The Reverse Light triggers the relay
which then powers the AUX Backup lights. The Cabin Switch can bypass the Relay
wired in to the Load side of the relay and just turn on the lights. I would have to
think some more on turning them off during the day.

Malodave

Sniper75

Reaction score
Thank you for the help. A friend of mine just sent this video this morning it looks like it will work.

Users who are viewing this thread