5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wiring request for exterior lights

RT70808

Reaction score
I would like to add these, if someone can provided tail light wiring and power running board wiring that would be great.

EBCBAAC0-AE34-46B6-813A-6F6D0E6B4427.jpeg EF54B290-14EE-4737-A541-4C1365BC4F44.jpeg

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The back under the tailgate has a plastic piece in there now whereas my 2014 is metal. I didn't use the 2 way sided tape on it as I like to remove it to clean the area once in a while. I used some magnets stuck onto the 2 way tape. When my Rebel gets here I may have to use some screws/bolts to mount it.
I have a Curt converter that plugs into the 7 pin wiring(underneath the truck) that gives you an extra 4 pin plug in. I just plugged it into that and ran the back up wire up to the drivers side reverse light and spliced it into this.
I have the amber one as i like the contrast against the red turn signals of the truck(it will match the new ones as they are amber).

Thats the first time I have seen the running board one.

RT70808

Reaction score
I read that the tailgate light bars are a no go on the 2019's. The stamping isn't flat and wiring is in the way.
From my research;
This bar on a 2018 the spare hole was covered, some people installed them anyway
On my 2019 you are correct;
At first glance - the wiring for the tailgate is almost dead center and There’s some plastic trim pieces on both end being held in with plastic push clips/plugs.
My initial thoughts - fabricate/design some “stand off” brackets maybe even 3D print some
then you could remove the plastic push clips holding the trim in place and reuse them to secure the stand-off bracket. You would only need them to be 1/4-1/2” tall to clear the wiring harness.
This would also require buying a stick light bar not a soft strip.

Users who are viewing this thread