5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wiring Help! Auxbeam Switch Install

Bigty

Reaction score
Hey Ram Fam,

So i am installing a Auxbeam 6 Gang, and i saw a video of a fella who did but has it wired to an on/off/on switch. Link Posted below. My question is, how / where would i pull the power for the on/off/on switch and how to wire the switch to make it function correctly?

Link to install video from other member -

Any help would be appreciated, i'm ok with electrical, but not great :)

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You will connect middle terminal of switch to the 12v ignition wire on auxbeam harness, for the 2 outside terminals, one terminal will go to 12v bat(12v all the time) and other outside terminal will go to 12v ignition (12v when ignition is on).

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You will connect middle terminal of switch to the 12v ignition wire on auxbeam harness, for the 2 outside terminals, one terminal will go to 12v bat(12v all the time) and other outside terminal will go to 12v ignition (12v when ignition is on).

Attachments

• 20230822_163205.jpg
    20230822_163205.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 84

Bigty

Reaction score

Thanks, now i just have to figure out where to get the 12v with ignition from :)

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check F66 in fuse box under dash should be 12v ignition. You can use a fuse tap like below

Andrew0429

Reaction score
Hey Ram Fam,

So i am installing a Auxbeam 6 Gang, and i saw a video of a fella who did but has it wired to an on/off/on switch. Link Posted below. My question is, how / where would i pull the power for the on/off/on switch and how to wire the switch to make it function correctly?

Link to install video from other member -

Any help would be appreciated, i'm ok with electrical, but not great :)

Appreciate ya! Thanks Man
I just received my Auxbeam Kit also and wanted to do this same thing. Is that how you ended up wiring the switch and all worked as planned?
Which switch did you end up purchasing?

Bigty

Reaction score
I just received my Auxbeam Kit also and wanted to do this same thing. Is that how you ended up wiring the switch and all worked as planned?
Which switch did you end up purchasing?
Well, i ended up having it done, fella was putting in a lift for me and i had him do it, so i'm not entirely sure bud.

Andrew0429

Reaction score
Well, i ended up having it done, fella was putting in a lift for me and i had him do it, so i'm not entirely sure bud.
I ended up picking up a switch and hooked everything up to a spare car battery that I had laying around to test the switch wiring before installing everything, and it worked as expected! Will be installing this weekend

Skagitsquatch

Reaction score
Did you have to pull your console to mount your auxbeam panel in that location?

Users who are viewing this thread