5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wiring harness to retain fog light wiring/button with aftermarket bumper

Thep1zzaman

Reaction score
I'm looking to change out the front and rear bumpers on my 23 Laramie.

Some of the options I'm looking at are from Warne, Go Rhino, and Vice Designs.

I would like to retain the use of my factory fog light button for activating whatever fog lights I would install in those bumpers.

I've never swapped bumpers on a vehicle before so I'm a little out of my element with figuring out what harness I would need to retain use of the factory wiring/button, any recommendations?

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't have access to a Laramie but the foglight harness *should* be the same across trims.
If that is the case, get this kit and call it a day: Dodge/Ram S2 Sport Dual Fog Pocket Light Kit - Ram 2019-22 1500 Rebel; 2021-22 1500 TRX - Baja Designs - Off-Road LED & Laser Lights | Automotive, Jeep, Truck, UTV, ADV, Dirtbike

If you already have fog lights secured, you can always email BD to see if they will sell you the harness to the OE fog light harness only. Just know it maybe a bit expensive.

Or, the most cost-efficient way (and most mickey mouse way) to do it is to use t-taps to tap into the OE harness and run wires out and tape off the OE connectors. I wouldn't do it that way though, unless my customer puts a gun to my head and demand me to do it like that.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you know how to do basic wiring get these and make your own harness. This will plug right into the factory LED fog light connectors, not sure if the halogen connectors are the same. No need to spend hundreds of dollars. I also bought some Deutsch connectors that plugged into the connectors on my light pods to make the harness with. PXL_20230423_184557241.jpg

UTSAUTO H8 H11 880 881 Male Socket Adapter Connector Wiring Harness for Headlight Fog Light Retrofit or Installing LED Light Bar LED Work Lamps (pack of 4) https://a.co/d/c66fuTM

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
for me i just "HardWire"it in(IMHO)...as a matter of fact i did all the lights that way

Thep1zzaman

Reaction score
I think I have my lighting/wiring plan figured out.

I've ordered the Go Rhino BR6 bumper, and I'm planning to order the Vice Design's FNG SAE with their wiring harness to use the factory fog light wiring/button.

Users who are viewing this thread