5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wiring harness question

timmydatool

Reaction score
Hi guys, I’m the new owner of a 2022 ram rebel and I’m working on adding a few accessories. One of the first things I’m going after is a few marker lights for the grill and possibly the rough line. I was looking at the truck today to see where I could get a signal voltage from to trigger a relay so my clearance lights will come on with my running lights. I was pleasantly surprised to find a wiring harness in front of the battery and to the left of the fuse box that appears to be for auxiliary lighting it’s marked with parking lights,right turn, left turn, low beam, the one that I don’t understand is labeled enable. It is very small gauge wire and as you can see in the pictures is taped to one of the main wiring harnesses. My question is does anybody know what this was intended for and more importantly will I be able to use the parking light circuit to trigger a relay for my marker lights? Or does the enable wire I need to have something done with it?
Appreciate any insight you can give

Attachments

• B8F7C2A5-62F4-4A80-A7B7-F8CB2561DCAA.jpeg
    B8F7C2A5-62F4-4A80-A7B7-F8CB2561DCAA.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 59
  • E00F8823-A8CC-4DB4-A786-7020D635C909.jpeg
    E00F8823-A8CC-4DB4-A786-7020D635C909.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 58

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tapped my grill lights off of the engine fuse block, so they come on when I have my running/parking lights on. Believe it was F12-Trailer park lamp.
Never even took notice of that harness until you posted it. Had to go look to see. I see the harness, but no wiring label.
You could take a tester to each wire in that harness to determine best location to feed off of. You may not even need a relay since all you are wanting to do is trigger them on with everything else at the flip of the switch. I may be incorrect, but I see no need for a relay for your intended application. Good luck! (y)

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys, I’m the new owner of a 2022 ram rebel and I’m working on adding a few accessories. One of the first things I’m going after is a few marker lights for the grill and possibly the rough line. I was looking at the truck today to see where I could get a signal voltage from to trigger a relay so my clearance lights will come on with my running lights. I was pleasantly surprised to find a wiring harness in front of the battery and to the left of the fuse box that appears to be for auxiliary lighting it’s marked with parking lights,right turn, left turn, low beam, the one that I don’t understand is labeled enable. It is very small gauge wire and as you can see in the pictures is taped to one of the main wiring harnesses. My question is does anybody know what this was intended for and more importantly will I be able to use the parking light circuit to trigger a relay for my marker lights? Or does the enable wire I need to have something done with it?
Appreciate any insight you can give
Those are the snow plow lighting wires and only work when battery positive is applied to the enable wire. But, when they are enabled, the truck’s low and high beams are disabled.

Users who are viewing this thread