5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless wifi adapter for android auto

GrizEagle

Reaction score
Hi, what has been the best adapter for enabling wireless android auto? Specifically I'm looking for whatever works with Android 14, running a Google Pixel 8 and interfacing with a 2020 Ram with a 12" U Connect. Thanks everyone

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just grabbed the CarlinKit 5.0 kit with $30 off coupon and seems to work so far.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There is a carplay adapter people have been using that will connect android auto, and allow full screen because the UC4 thinks it's Carplay. Can't remember the exact one, but if you want full screen AA, that seems to be the ticket. Personally, I don't have an issue plugging my phone into the USB to use AA. Then it keeps the phone charged, and there is the factory phone holder that holds my pixel 6, with case, just fine.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have an AAWireless, and it works great except it stays on 24/7. Pings my phone in the house constantly. I end up unplugging it when I'm home, so other than not needing a plug in the truck I'm basically doing the same thing. If the Motorola turns off after the hour USB ports are supposed to turn off that's probably the best one.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have an AAWireless, and it works great except it stays on 24/7. Pings my phone in the house constantly. I end up unplugging it when I'm home, so other than not needing a plug in the truck I'm basically doing the same thing. If the Motorola turns off after the hour USB ports are supposed to turn off that's probably the best one.
Motorola one does the same thing. I wonder if those with UC5 experience this. Could be a wireless AA issue. Never bothered me because it didn't really do anything.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Motorola one does the same thing. I wonder if those with UC5 experience this. Could be a wireless AA issue. Never bothered me because it didn't really do anything.
Yeah it's not a huge deal except for the fact that the BT is strong enough around my house. If I go into a store/the office I'm far enough away. I'll just be sitting on the couch, and it'll ping every 5 seconds trying to connect even after the hour time limit of shutting the USB ports off.

ram813ltd

Reaction score
Hi, what has been the best adapter for enabling wireless android auto? Specifically I'm looking for whatever works with Android 14, running a Google Pixel 8 and interfacing with a 2020 Ram with a 12" U Connect. Thanks everyone
motorola MA 1 programmed by google

kstitch

Reaction score
I have wireless Android Auto in a company vehicle, It uses the phone battery at a high rate, 25% loss in a 390 minute commute, so I end up plugging it in to charge anyway.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have wireless Android Auto in a company vehicle, It uses the phone battery at a high rate, 25% loss in a 390 minute commute, so I end up plugging it in to charge anyway.
You're connected over BT for 6.5 hours. Less than 4% of battery lost per hour is actually pretty good. Just having my phone sitting unlocked the background processes will drain it more than that.

Users who are viewing this thread