5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless phone charger, phone getting hot and charging slowly.

seansmd

Reaction score
2023 1500 limited phone is a Samsung S23 ultra Blue light comes on fine but gets real hot and barely charges. I have a dozen different wireless charge pads of various wattage none get it warm let alone hot. Anyone else experience this?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2023 1500 limited phone is a Samsung S23 ultra Blue light comes on fine but gets real hot and barely charges. I have a dozen different wireless charge pads of various wattage none get it warm let alone hot. Anyone else experience this?
The wireless charging pad in the trucks is low power. A home wireless charger is more than twice as fast. They are basically to keep it from going dead while driving, not to really charge it. Unless they updated it. My last Ram, it charged at 5w, my home wireless charger is 20w.

seansmd

Reaction score
I have low wattage wireless charging stations too and they dont make the phone hot, but as expected to do charge slow.

BTW it is 15w so middle of the road power wise, and using Qi charging.

I'm betting it's my Mag-lok compatible case.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

rammin03

Reaction score
Charging is slow and can have a temper once every so often but it normally does not get hot. I did notice if using Android Auto, Waze, it does get warm. S22 Ultra

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is it just charging or is your phone doing other stuff (Android Auto, streaming music, etc)? If it is the latter, then that's your issue. As long as my phone, S23 Ultra and S22 Ultra before that, is just charging, it's fine. When I used it for Android Auto and streaming music, it would get hot and wouldn't charge. Works great now that I never have to use it for AA or streaming music.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, charges slow. Sometimes it gets hot, sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes it will be charging fine and then without having touched it I look down and it’s not charging. Was the same way on my 2019. Wireless charger sucks.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Poor placement of coils.
Move it back and forth up and down several times to figure out where it needs to be. Watch for when it goes from charging to not charging (on the phone's screen).
If the coils are not lined up properly the phone will get hot but not charge.

Users who are viewing this thread