5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless Charging

Bwarren2

Reaction score
I've confirmed my phone works w a wireless charging pad, but it's not working in my Ram, are there any settings I need to activate in uconnect? My worst charging worked in a test drive so I know its compatible with rams.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No issues here, works fine and I didn't have to set up anything. I find that if I keep the left side of my phone about 3/4 - 1 inch from the indicator light for the wireless charger it works all the time.

Bwarren2

Reaction score
Just read the Rebel doesnt have wireless charging

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
I've confirmed my phone works w a wireless charging pad, but it's not working in my Ram, are there any settings I need to activate in uconnect? My worst charging worked in a test drive so I know its compatible with rams.

did you test drive a rebel?

Hammer1

Reaction score
No issues here, works fine and I didn't have to set up anything. I find that if I keep the left side of my phone about 3/4 - 1 inch from the indicator light for the wireless charger it works all the time.
I agree with this. Mine actually charges with the case on. My daughters iphone 10 will not

Lettika

Reaction score
There is a flashing red indicator light that comes on when it is happy and charging. Move the phone around and see if you can get it to come on. Also wireless charger is on the left side, not anywhere in the slot.

Hope that helps.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is a flashing red indicator light that comes on when it is happy and charging. Move the phone around and see if you can get it to come on. Also wireless charger is on the left side, not anywhere in the slot.

Hope that helps.

Actually when it's red and flashing it's NOT happy. Blue is happy, and Green is fully charged (if your phone supports it)

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Hope that helps.

Actually the flashing red light means it NOT happy...blue means charging and green means completely charged.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
I don't have a 2019 yet but I have driven a few trucks and when I placed my iPhone with an Apple case it did seem somewhat positional. The best result I got was just to the right of the indicator light. I think you do need to leave it in one position for several seconds before the indicator light acknowledges the charging status

rags

Reaction score
I find that instead of putting the phone in the slot vertically, if you put it in horizontally there is a greater chance of the wireless charging coming up "blue".

Han Ridge

Reaction score
I have to be logged in, will not charge with locked screen.

Users who are viewing this thread