5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless Charging with iPhone 12 Pro Max

captainzombie

Reaction score
I just recently upgraded my XS Max with the 12 Pro Max, which the XS worked fine with the wireless charging in my '21 RAM. I tried the 12 Pro Max without a case and with even the magsafe case, it is still not charging. Anyone else have these kind of issues with the 12 Pro Max?

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Which models or options packages allows for wireless charging? I have a 21 BTS and I'm unaware of this feature

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just recently upgraded my XS Max with the 12 Pro Max, which the XS worked fine with the wireless charging in my '21 RAM. I tried the 12 Pro Max without a case and with even the magsafe case, it is still not charging. Anyone else have these kind of issues with the 12 Pro Max?
We’ve discussed this in other threads, but I can get mine to charge by positioning it with the top at the left side and pushed down so that I can see the light.

But I use a wireless CarPlay dongle, and I don’t think the charger has enough juice to keep up with the phone when running Google Maps constantly via CarPlay. So it just succeeds in warming up the phone.

In that situation, I’m better off leaving the phone in my pocket (or plugging it in for a cross-country trip). Fortunately, the 12 Pro Max has a massive battery :)

Users who are viewing this thread