5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless charging pad.. red blinking light almost all the time?

19TXLimited

Reaction score
I had my charger not work with my iPhone once. Went inside and it also wouldn't charge on my wireless charger inside.

To solve the issue for both the truck and wireless nightstand charger I just restarted my phone. It hasn't happened since.

Sorry this doesn't help with your blinking red light, but might help with your phone charging more consistently.

Firepower2010

Reaction score
that isn’t right. After THREE trips to the dealer, they managed to fix mine. Now it charges as expected - blue flashing light within a second or two of putting the phone in the right position. No lights with no phone inserted.
What did they do, my dealer keeps saying "cannot duplicate", everything works fine, but mine does the exact thing yours did turning on and off randomly.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I installed the wireless charging pad myself because my Bighorn didn't come with one, I've been told to make sure there's enough clearance between the back of the pad and any other metal or harnesses that are close to it. i guess the fix for it is the dealers tech just disassemble the center console and make sure everything is clear there. it's a simple fix, just time consuming taking the radio and center console off.
Thank god i don't have any problems with mine, i don't have warranty on it, because i installed it myself.

Fragnightmist

Reaction score
Sorry if this is an old thread, but I recently had my RAMCHARGER charging pad replaced since it wasn't working since I took delivery of my 2019 2500. It works now while my phone is in the cradle however there is no indicator light. The tech at the dealership told me the area where the light is isn't actually a light. Is there something I can do to get the status light to work? Something to check? Should I go to another dealership to have it looked at? Any input is greatly appreciated!

Baron74

Reaction score
My charger is finicky about charging with a case on but there is always some type of light indicator on when it detects the phone. It's a small light on the far left of the charging pad area.

Users who are viewing this thread