5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless charging pad flashing red - SOLVED

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
So I took delivery today and tested the wireless charging pad with my galaxy s9+. The little blue indicator came on and the phone indicated it was wirelessly charging. Then shortly after that I noticed the blue light was flashing red and the phone wasn't charging anymore. Then the red light stopped and no light was on. Then I removed the phone from the pad and reapplied it and the same cycle repeated.

Anyone else have this experience? It charges fine on other wireless chargers.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies. I will try to find the sweet spot. Also saw some related threads.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I took delivery today and tested the wireless charging pad with my galaxy s9+. The little blue indicator came on and the phone indicated it was wirelessly charging. Then shortly after that I noticed the blue light was flashing red and the phone wasn't charging anymore. Then the red light stopped and no light was on. Then I removed the phone from the pad and reapplied it and the same cycle repeated.

Yes it’s all about positioning. Some phones are tougher than others to find the right spot. Play around with it.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Well your suggestions were spot on. I found the sweet spot for my S9+ which is basically centering the phone right over the printed wireless charging logo on the pad. Nothing but blue!!

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well your suggestions were spot on. I found the sweet spot for my S9+ which is basically centering the phone right over the printed wireless charging logo on the pad. Nothing but blue!!
Glad to hear. It is definitely tricky trying to get the phone positioned just right but it’s a great feature.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Something I just learned while reading through some STAR CASES : . the drivers' door MUST be closed for the charging system to 'kick in' and work .. o_O

yeah, yeah, it is 'prolly in the owner's manual as well but I never had an issue as I don't drive with the door open HA!

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Something I just learned while reading through some STAR CASES : . the drivers' door MUST be closed for the charging system to 'kick in' and work .. o_O

yeah, yeah, it is 'prolly in the owner's manual as well but I never had an issue as I don't drive with the door open HA!
Yep. Found this out while at the dealer a while back to pick up my truck after service. The Service Manager and I were shooting the breeze in the lot and I slid my phone into the charger but it showed red the entire time we were talking. He didn’t know what was wrong and we both suspected something happened to the charger. Eventually a tech told us about the door thing.

RBJ

Reaction score
I have a 2021 RAM Longhorn with wireless charging and discovered the need to position the phone just right to activate charging (blue light).
However, does anyone know if the wireless charger can charge two (2) phones at once?

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
they'd have to be some awfully skinny phones (like 2-3 inches wide.) - unless yours' has the charger in the center console area instead.

1626902473462.png

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
This has probably already been said, but to charge wireless, I have to position a phone oriented in portrait with the center of the back of the phone in line with the battery symbol you see on the charging pad. To charge two phones at the same time, one can be on the right side with the cable running down through the rightmost slot. The second one can charge wireless centered on the pad, or wired with cable running down through the leftmost slot.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah 1 wireless and 1 corded (2 if not using or have the wireless feature) + center console wired chargers of course.

taran07

Reaction score

mine was both colour lights flashing. founded out that device with phone holder magnetic. just tried with and without it
sorry and thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread