5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless charging install question

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah that’s blows lol I was all in until you told me truck had to be on lol then I though that’s not worth the hassle for a lengthy install. Appreciate you answering my questions though I’m sure it well also help others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ex_dutch

Reaction score
My 2019 Ram Laramie came with a wireless charger. I’m not impressed. Yakking on the phone drains the IPhone faster than it charges.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
My 2019 Ram Laramie came with a wireless charger. I’m not impressed. Yakking on the phone drains the IPhone faster than it charges.
Maybe... Just maybe........ It's your iPhone?
I have an S10 and it charges just fine, i can be with youtube and maps running and it still gains percentage.

Ex_dutch

Reaction score
Could be, didn’t think of that. If I plug it in using the USB port, it charges fast.
i have no other wireless chargers for reference but it could very well be a phone issue. There is a red dot that flashes when the phone is in the wireless charger.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Could be, didn’t think of that. If I plug it in using the USB port, it charges fast.
i have no other wireless chargers for reference but it could very well be a phone issue. There is a red dot that flashes when the phone is in the wireless charger.
The light should be a solid blue. If it flashes, It means it's not having a good connection.

Ex_dutch

Reaction score
Thanks! For almost 2 years I assumed red flashing meant charging. No wonder it seemed useless. Just now, after repositioning the phone for 10 minutes I’m finding out that the iPhone 7 doesn’t have wireless charging. LOL.
I would need an wireless charging adapter case....

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks! For almost 2 years I assumed red flashing meant charging. No wonder it seemed useless. Just now, after repositioning the phone for 10 minutes I’m finding out that the iPhone 7 doesn’t have wireless charging. LOL.
Or upgrade your dinosaur iphone maybe? :p

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Hahahaha :D
Yep, only iPhone with glass back has this feature, that's why they moved from aluminum body....

Borderc21

Reaction score
Your 2019 Laramie has wireless charging? 1500 or 2500? I just bought a 2020 Laramie 2500 and that was one of the things I would be getting for sure.

Ex_dutch

Reaction score
Mine is a 2019 1500. It sat in the showroom with a bunch of stuff: Got the big screen radio with gps and all the woofers and tweeters, it will push you back into your lane when you cross the line, it has the parking thing (whatever it does, never tried it), the ”helicopter view” cameras, the large sun roof and what have you Including the wireless charger. Just looked at the window sticker, the charger was a package with leather trimmed seats and the upgraded mid console ($895).

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Mine is a 2019 1500. It sat in the showroom with a bunch of stuff: Got the big screen radio with gps and all the woofers and tweeters, it will push you back into your lane when you cross the line, it has the parking thing (whatever it does, never tried it), the ”helicopter view” cameras, the large sun roof and what have you Including the wireless charger. Just looked at the window sticker, the charger was a package with leather trimmed seats and the upgraded mid console ($895).
LOL I love the names you gave to all those features :D

AGillan

Reaction score
Does the wireless feature activate the Apple car play or does that only open when hooked up with the usb interface?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Does the wireless feature activate the Apple car play or does that only open when hooked up with the usb interface?
2019-2021 trucks: you must plug your phone to the USB port...
2022(UC5): ACP is wireless, so no need for USB.

Ex_dutch

Reaction score
One time I quit my Sirius XM. Made it clear when calling them It wasn’t worth the money. Sure enough, got the 50% off “promotion” for another year. For the few stations or channels I listen to, it seems the same songs are played every day or every other day. If I weren’t lazy I could rip all my favorite cd’s and put them on a stick or drive and plug it into the usb port. I’m just renewing again for 250 or so a year. Ridiculous, but again I’m lazy.

Users who are viewing this thread