5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wireless charging in/on the arm rest? Like the Silverados have.

brdima

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this attempted in a RAM? Here's an example of what Silverado did.
I know RAM has the charger down in the console, which is an option (and I don't have it). On top of that, seems way handier to have it in the arm rest. I don't want to just glue a wireless charger to the leather :)

Attachments

• chevrolet-2.jpg
    chevrolet-2.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 148

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this attempted in a RAM? Here's an example of what Silverado did.
I know RAM has the charger down in the console, which is an option (and I don't have it). On top of that, seems way handier to have it in the arm rest. I don't want to just glue a wireless charger to the leather :)
I'm the opposite. To me that thing is hideous. I much prefer the wireless pad on the RAM ;)

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm the opposite. To me that thing is hideous. I much prefer the wireless pad on the RAM ;)
Agreed, but mainly because I would be constantly knocking the phone off of the charger with my forearm (or have an imprint of the phone on my arm). That location just doesn't make sense to me.

shrubs2000

Reaction score
I don't place anything on the top as I know I'll break it. But, I don't use the Ram charger either as use a ProClip mount for my cell and have it plugged in to the USB

Kidder

Reaction score
My Note 8 in low profile case doesn't fit on that pad (buddy of mine has a 2019 Yukon). It fits fine on my Ram pad.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't like the silverado location, when you open the lid you have to take the phone off or hold it with your arm. Pass. You could always plug a wireless charger into the USB and place it in the coin storage area. This is probably the route I would go if I got the wireless carplay adapter.

Last edited:

screamin chicken

Reaction score
I am currently looking at the 21 limited, I have a 19 Sierra Denali and my charge is in the bottom with the phone laying flat. I looked at a 20 Limited yesterday and unless I take my phone out of its case it is too tall to charge, I hope the 21 will be different.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I am currently looking at the 21 limited, I have a 19 Sierra Denali and my charge is in the bottom with the phone laying flat. I looked at a 20 Limited yesterday and unless I take my phone out of its case it is too tall to charge, I hope the 21 will be different.
What kind of phone/case do you have?
I have a full size iPhone XS Max and it fits w/o issues. There is a lip at the bottom of the charger where you need to push the phone down so that it grabs it. It doesn’t just sit on top of it. Not sure if you were aware of this.

Cheers,

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, I use an OtterBox Symmetry case with my iPhone Xs, and I’m able to charge through it.

Also, I place my phone sideways in the wireless charger (top at left). There’s plenty of room for a “phablet” that way. I use CarPlay, so I’m not accessing the phone directly while driving.

screamin chicken

Reaction score
What kind of phone/case do you have?
I have a full size iPhone XS Max and it fits w/o issues. There is a lip at the bottom of the charger where you need to push the phone down so that it grabs it. It doesn’t just sit on top of it. Not sure if you were aware of this.

Cheers,
I have a life proof case, I can just lay it sideways.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
remove the top cover, slide one of these under the skin

and plug it into the USB port in the console. Done and it'll charge faster than the "Ramcharger" that's slow as balls.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
remove the top cover, slide one of these under the skin

and plug it into the USB port in the console. Done and it'll charge faster than the "Ramcharger" that's slow as balls.

I’m intrigued...did you do this successfully?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Kinda similar, from amazon

163487e62df07b1ad4b7d325f5770672.jpg

It does have a skidproof base so you could put it on armrest or dash or wherever as you need

It’s a perfect fit to the slide tray in console

Users who are viewing this thread