5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless charger recommendations

Lancer1991

Reaction score
Now that I have Uconnect that has wireless Android Auto anyone have recommendations on lighting wireless chargers? I get in and out so much connecting to USB was PITA with previous truck and slow charging was awful. Not sure if getting a bracket that mounts behind the trim and then add-on charger to that or a suction cup model. I think I'd prefer something that uses magnets to hold phone vs something like the iottie auto sense clamping which showed up while searching best wireless chargers.

SShadow1974

Reaction score
This is what I have. I used some self stick velcro to attach it right behind where my phone sits in the holder in the console. Works well, now that I have it plugged into a AC USB charger. Plugging the wireless charger into the USB ports did not work. The charging would start and stop over and over again.
MAGSafe Wireless Charger

Gregdad

Reaction score
I use the wireless charger from Quadlock. You need a matching phone case from them to accommodate the mount though but is very solid when connected. I found it only works if you plug into the upper dash cigarette lighter or the 115v plug inside the center console.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Here is a pic of what I did. Man, the camera really shows up the dust. I've only had the truck a couple weeks, so dirty already. I know what I'll be doing today...
View attachment 173717
I like this setup. I have a regular Qi charger in this same spot. How hard is it to line up the mag safe charger?

1704136148003.jpeg

SShadow1974

Reaction score
I like this setup. I have a regular Qi charger in this same spot. How hard is it to line up the mag safe charger?

View attachment 173721

It was really easy because I stuck the charger to the phone and then inserted the phone into the holder and then pushed it back so the charger stuck to the truck. No issues at all.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
It was really easy because I stuck the charger to the phone and then inserted the phone into the holder and then pushed it back so the charger stuck to the truck. No issues at all.
That’s how I did mine too, but I had to tape it to my phone. Thanks for the info!

seansmd

Reaction score
My setup black wire snaked behind the screen, easy to do in this truck and the mount clips behind as well, black wire plugged into AC wall wort since the usb ports suck. Red wire is for my passenger princess.
20231017_064518.jpg

seansmd

Reaction score
The course motosports magnet charging, with an android mag lock case.

Nomad

Reaction score
I use the wireless charger from Quadlock. You need a matching phone case from them to accommodate the mount though but is very solid when connected. I found it only works if you plug into the upper dash cigarette lighter or the 115v plug inside the center console.
I initially had the same problem, i now plug the magsafe into a socket charger located at the top of the center dash area, seems to be working all the time now. When I initially used one of the ports on the cluster it would also interfere with my carplay wireless adapter, those problems have disappeared when i moved it also.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
^^^ this!
I just load up a thumb drive with my music & plug it into USB 1...
Sorry, I know, completely off topic.
Hope I don't get sent to the penalty box...
I apologize for bending this off topic. My front usbs that should read data, dont ! - gotta get that fixed !
Now back to our featured programming !

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
^^^ this!
I just load up a thumb drive with my music & plug it into USB 1...
Sorry, I know, completely off topic.
Hope I don't get sent to the penalty box...
I just Spotify Apple Music and pandora off my phone 🤷🏻‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread