5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless CarPlay

Biocoach

Reaction score
I've been seeing ads for a device that will work CarPlay wirelessly. Anyone try these? Pros? Cons? recommended brand?

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I've got the Carlinkit 2.0 I picked up for $65 a couple years ago. It's outdated now but it's been pretty much flawless.

43 pages of wireless Carplay goodness...

Last edited:

PM-Performance

Reaction score
Wireless CarPlay isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.
One of the manufacturers was going to send me their flagship device to review and I turned it down because I felt there was little value.
I have been a long time wireless CarPlay user and it’s not my favorite.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Carlinkit either 4.0 or 5.0 user here. Works 99% of the time. That 1% it randomly doesn’t wanna connect I unplug it wait a few seconds and plug it back in and it connects again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Carlinkit either 4.0 or 5.0 user here. Works 99% of the time. That 1% it randomly doesn’t wanna connect I unplug it wait a few seconds and plug it back in and it connects again.

Same for earlier models. And I use it pretty close to 100% of the time (typically for Google Maps).

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I was having connection issues after one of the iOS updates but I updated the firmware in the CarPlay device and it’s been good ever since.

They also don’t like extreme heat so on the rare occasion when my truck sits out in the direct sun baking all day and it heat soaks the cab, the unit has to cool down before it will function. I don’t blame the device for this. Ceramic tint on all the windows helps keep my cab temps down so it only happens on a handful of days the entire summer. Everything has limits.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Use code US37 should be $37 or so.

No affiliation w/ the website but looks like they use paypal so you should be protected. Got this alert from slickdeals.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How is the sound quality using wireless car play with CarlinKit vs. plugging in normally via USB-C? I've never used a dongle so this is all new to me.

Users who are viewing this thread