5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless carplay

sschweik

Reaction score
I have a 2020 bighorn 1500. Can and if so how do you connect to carplay wirelessly? Took truck in 1st long trip last week. Very happy. 19.2 mpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hasti17

Reaction score
I have a 2020 bighorn 1500. Can and if so how do you connect to carplay wirelessly? Took truck in 1st long trip last week. Very happy. 19.2 mpg

You have the uconnect4, Wireless Carplay was added only in UC5, So for model year 2022 only so far. others can correct me if I'm wrong but i do believe you need the wired Connection for Carplay on a 2019-2021.

BNeal

Reaction score
Lookup CPLAY2air, I added it a few months back and working well, have had to unplug and replug it a few times, but overall, very happy with it.
That's what I have in my '21 and for the most part works really well.

sschweik

Reaction score
Well I purchased the carlin kit mini. So far it works great. Connected 1st try. I wish it was black but only came in white. Still very small so doesn’t interfere with my phone holder so that’s pretty cool. Thanks for the help.

Blackshirts

Reaction score
carlinkit 3.0. Amazon for $100. I was sceptical when I bought it but its worked very well. Long trip using Waze and pandora locked it up once during the trip. Pull plug and re-start and it was fine. All in all Im very satisfied.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
Ditto here for the Carlinkit 3.0 but I scored mine for $57.89.
Initial connection toom a minute or two to pair and now it re-connects before I'm fully settled in the drivers seat.

. IMG_E5926.JPG

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
For those who get wireless CarPlay adapters, how do you charge your phone while using it?

tyromeo55

Reaction score
bummer, found the deal page but its expired
There is a $30 off coupon on Amazon right now which puts it at about $70. not too bad

I have a 2.0 and really like it. Have to reset it from time to time (maybe once a week at most) still way better then having to dicker with the lightning cable

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I haven’t had any issues with mine except that I need to unplug it from time to time in order to connect to the truck’s WiFi or my dash cam to pull footage. Wish there was a way for all to connect and be accessible like they would be on a home network.

I rarely have to charge my iPhone on the road but I keep a cord hanging out of my center console for the rare occasion.

Users who are viewing this thread