5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless CarPlay Dongle is Garbage

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
For those who have it, does anyone else just hate this thing? It’s so finicky and unreliable. Half the time it doesn’t connect. Maybe I’m missing something. I’ve resorted back to plugging in my phone, which is just fine. First world problems.

DSTJ99

Reaction score
I’ve had the Carlinkit 2 for 9 months and it’s been virtually trouble free and love it. Have you tried a firmware update?

‘21 1500 Ltd, Max Steel / Indigo Frost

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For those who have it, does anyone else just hate this thing? It’s so finicky and unreliable. Half the time it doesn’t connect. Maybe I’m missing something. I’ve resorted back to plugging in my phone, which is just fine. First world problems.
Which one are you using?

Majortom

Reaction score
I’ve been using the Carlinkit 2 for about 6 months with no connection problem. Only complaint is that should I have an app containing media open on the phone Carplay defaults to Carplay audio instead of the Ram’s previous media setting.

Users who are viewing this thread