5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless CarPlay Adapter Question

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
Well, I had my AAWireless working perfectly for about a week. Then I installed the latest firmware yesterday and now it doesn't work worth $#!?. Does anyone know how to revert back to a previous firmware. With the latest one it will only connect half the time, but even when it does it "loses the connection" a few minutes later and I have to unplug it and plug it back in to get it working again (which only lasts a few minutes). Worked perfectly for a week prior to the update yesterday.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sure, here you go. There really isn't much to see though. All of the cables and the AAWireless adapter are hidden behind the radio. The cable for the mount goes behind the radio and is plugged in to the outlet above the radio. The adapter is plugged into one of the USB ports below the radio. Everything is out of sight and makes for a clean install IMO.

View attachment 137571 View attachment 137572 View attachment 137573
That is really clean! I’m guessing you just pulled the middle stack off the dash to get everything back there?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a wireless CarPlay adapter on Amazon. Chose to go with a Heiha adapter, as the (limited) reviews were all positive. Overall, I’m sure they’re all coming from the same manufacturer anyways.

That said, my adapter has worked really well thus far. I do have one problem, and curious if anyone can provide me some insight to whether this is a problem for all adapters or specific to this one. It seems the device retains power even with the truck off, so my phone is frequently switching to Bluetooth headset when I’m in my house near the garage. Apparently, the USB ports have power though the truck is in the OFF state.

Do other adapters (CarPlay2Air, CarLinkIt, etc) all share this same issue? Is there another USB port that does not have power when the truck is OFF?
How is your experience with this Carplay adapter? Is it responsive? Is there an audio delay on phone calls? Do all features work?

Thanks.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
@Eltaco are you still around? How’s your CarPlay adapter? I’m leaning toward getting that one

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Guess it's working @Eltaco ?

Sorry for the delay, not around here much.

Yep, works quite well for me, aside from the BT issue when I’m too close to the truck. I don’t think there’s any way around it, and seems like my truck USBs never do shut off.

Otherwise, I’m very pleased with the purchase. Wireless CarPlay is awesome

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, not around here much.

Yep, works quite well for me, aside from the BT issue when I’m too close to the truck. I don’t think there’s any way around it, and seems like my truck USBs never do shut off.

Otherwise, I’m very pleased with the purchase. Wireless CarPlay is awesome
Glad to hear it’s working out. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread