5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wired tow mode camera

wkenne

Reaction score
2022 Ram 3500 with the digital rear view mirror. It's has the plug to receive the wired tow mode camera but for the life of me I can't find the camera anywhere. No help from the dealership just a shrug of the shoulder and a good luck finding it. I can't believe it's this hard to give them more money
Has anyone else been able to find this friggin thing

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If equipped, the tow mode camera kit would be in a separate bag on the back seat at delivery. Does the truck have the AVF sales option, which is the tow mode camera package that includes the digital rear view mirror and tow mode camera? If you didn’t get that package, the only other way the tow mode camera kit comes with the truck is if you ordered the safety group package (which comes with the digital rear view mirror), and ordered the XH7 sales option, which is the tow mode camera kit as a standalone item.
If the truck is only equipped with the safety group, it will have the digital rear view mirror, and the connection port on the rear bumper for the tow mode camera, but no tow mode camera kit.

justjumpit

Reaction score
Has anyone found the camera that plugs in for tow mode on the digital rear view mirror?
I built my truck with the XH7 Tow Mode Camera (wired) $450 in my truck so I have the plug on my bumper but not the camera. I also have AAV Safety Group B.

I have called my local Ram parts dept, contacted Ram chat, searched Amazon and tried a local after market car audio store with no luck on a camera that will plug in and work with the digital rear view.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone found the camera that plugs in for tow mode on the digital rear view mirror?
I built my truck with the XH7 Tow Mode Camera (wired) $450 in my truck so I have the plug on my bumper but not the camera. I also have AAV Safety Group B.

I have called my local Ram parts dept, contacted Ram chat, searched Amazon and tried a local after market car audio store with no luck on a camera that will plug in and work with the digital rear view.
Did you receive the truck yet? If you ordered XH7, that IS the tow mode camera that you plug into the bumper port. It will be included in a separate bag with the truck. If you took delivery of the truck, and the kit is missing, then they owe it to you.

wsutard1

Reaction score
Did you receive the truck yet? If you ordered XH7, that IS the tow mode camera that you plug into the bumper port. It will be included in a separate bag with the truck. If you took delivery of the truck, and the kit is missing, then they owe it to you.
@Jimmy07 do you happen to have the ability to see a part number for the bumper port and related wiring going to the digital rear view mirror?

My 1500 Limited has the Digital Mirror and the Safety group but not the bumper port. I can also see that the rear view mirror has settings to accept an Aux input.

caseykelso

Reaction score
@wsutard1 - My ram has the digital rear view mirror as well but no port on the bumper. Were you able to find the part numbers for the bumper port and cables?

Rtjdkj

Reaction score
My 1500 limited has the digital rear view mirror but no connection port on the bumper for the camera to plug into. Does anyone know why. The truck has all options and should have had wirings.

RamDealer

Reaction score
Does anybody now how to use witech to enable settings for the drvm on a 2022 ram 1500.

Users who are viewing this thread